Julio Rodrigues
Into the Wild 1. Information about the movie: Cast, Director, Year, Country, Social Context. Real Story about Christopher McCandless two-year travels to Alaska wildness in 1990. I choose the movie Into the Wild, 2007, EUA. Written and Directed by Sean Penn The cast is formed by Emile Hirsch as Christopher McCandless / Alexander Supertramp - Leadman Marcia Gay Harden as Billie McCandless - The Mother William Hurt as Walt McCandless - The Father Jena Malone as Carine McCandless - The Sister These are the main characters The social context is about this materialist society, that force you studying, having a good job, having a good car, having a good house, having a family and children. 2. Brief narration of the story. The movie “Into the Wild’ tells the story of a guy who was tired of this sick society, and wanted to run away from materialist family, hypocrisy and full of lies. And then, He decided to leaves parent's home for his journey to Alaska wildness. 3. Reporting the most significant scene. For me the more important scene, the part that summarizes the thoughts about Christopher is when he writes on a board the following words: “Two years he walks the Earth, no phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An esthetic voyager whose home is the road ” 4. Argumentation on why It’s your favorite movie. I think that we don’t need to be extremists like Christopher was, and going to remote places, you know, But we must think about this sick society, money, material excess, consumerism and superfluous things. For conclude, I think that Christopher was totally wrong about happiness he thought that happiness was to be alone. At the end of the movie he wrote in a book before he died that “happiness only real when shared”.

This is a great movie that I really enjoyed. There could be two meanings of 'sick society'. It could mean ill/unwell which sounds sympathetic or it could mean distasteful/unpleasant which sounds more angry. From the context I'm not sure which meaning you mean!

Into the Wild

1. Information about the movie: Cast, Director, Year, Country, Social Context.

It is a true story about Christopher McCandless' two-year travels to the Alaskan wilderness in 1990.

I choose the movie Into the Wild, 2007, EUA. Written and Directed by Sean Penn

The cast is formed by
Emile Hirsch as Christopher McCandless / Alexander Supertramp - Leadman
Marcia Gay Harden as Billie McCandless - The Mother
William Hurt as Walt McCandless - The Father
Jena Malone as Carine McCandless - The Sister
These are the main characters

The social context is about this materialist society, that forces you to study, to have a good job, to have a good car, to have a good house and to have family and children.

2. Brief narration of the story.
The movie “Into the Wild’ tells the story of a guy who was tired of this sick society, and wanted to run away from his materialist family who were hypocritical and full of lies. So he decided to leaves his parent's home for his journey to the Alaskan wilderness.

3. Reporting the most significant scene.
For me the more important scene, the part that summarizes the thoughts of Christopher, is when he writes on a board the following words:
“Two years he walks the Earth, no phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An esthetic voyager whose home is the road ”

4. Argumentation on why it’s your favorite movie.
I think that we don’t need to be extremists like Christopher was, or go to remote places, you know, but we must think about this sick society: money, material excess, consumerism and superfluous things.

In conclusion, I think that Christopher was totally wrong about happiness. He thought that happiness was to be alone. At the end of the movie he wrote in a book before he died that
“happiness is only real when shared”.

This is a incredible movie!
I loved this movie.Did you enjoy it?