Sameer
Smoking - Please correct. Smoking is injurious to health. We often see this message in cigarette advertisements. Though people know this fact, they tend to succumb to cigarette addiction. It starts from a light puff taken usually due to peer pressure. It then becomes a habit and eventually, it turns into an addiction. As cigarette is easily available and smoking a cigarette requires less than 5 minutes, it is easy for the people to continue with their addiction without ever being noticed by their families. A smoker becomes restless when the nicotine level in their blood gets low. This leads to more smoking. Things get out of control as smoking becomes a part of vicious cycle. It has detrimental effects on the health of the smokers as well as non-smokers who are the passive smokers. This is the reason why smoking is prohibited in public places. It also affects pregnant women badly. It can cause lung cancer, narrowing and blockage of small blood vessels, hypertension, GI problems, etc. Quitting smoking is not that easy. But, nowadays, many help centers and counseling centers are available for such people. Many medications are in the market to reduce the symptoms associated with withdrawal of smoking. Also, products like nicotine chewing gums help decrease the amount of active smoking. I think, with proper guidance, proper medications, and with strong determination, this can be achieved. What do you think? Corrections and suggestions are welcome. Thank you for reading my entry. If you wish, you can leave your comments.

Smoking - Please correct.

Smoking is injurious harmful to health. We often see this message in cigarette advertisements. Though people know this fact, they tend to succumb to cigarette addiction. It starts from with a light puff taken usually due to (usually taken because of) peer pressure. It then becomes a habit and eventually, it turns into an addiction. Because cigarrettes are easily obtainable and only take five minutes to smoke, it is easy for the people to continue with their addiction (I would probably say 'carry on with' or 'feed' their addiction) without ever being noticed by their families.

A smoker becomes restless when the nicotine level in their blood gets low. This leads to more smoking. Things get out of control as smoking becomes a part of a vicious cycle. It has detrimental effects on the health of the smokers as well as non-smokers who are the passive smokers (I think you mean 'who breathe in second-hand smoke'). This is the reason why smoking is prohibited in public places. It also affects pregnant women badly (has bad effects on pregnant women sounds better to me). It can cause lung cancer, narrowing and blockage of small blood vessels, hypertension, GI problems, etc.

Quitting smoking is not that easy (It's not that easy to quit smoking. or Giving up smoking isn't easy would be a bit more natural). But, nowadays, many help centers and counseling centers are available for such people( this could probably be omitted, but othewise 'such people' needs to be specified since nothing about people was mentioned in the paragraph 'to help people quit' or 'to help those who wish to quit'). Many medications are in the market to reduce the symptoms associated with withdrawal of smoking. Also, products like nicotine chewing gums help decrease the amount of active smoking. I think that, with proper guidance, proper medications, and with strong determination, this (similar problem to before) quitting can be achieved. What do you think?

Corrections and suggestions are welcome. Thank you for reading my entry. If you wish, you can leave your comments.