Qi.
About a new friend About a new friend These months, I have been through many changes in life, quitting a job, breaking up with my ex, and staying at home alone. As I try to get used to my new life, I am kinda like a sea animal which is forced to adapt to a terrestrial area. Everything seems to be going against with me. Loneliness is the first thing I must confront with. Before I quit my job, my clients kept bending my ear from the office hour to my after hours; my coworkers crammed my email-box and never stopped talking in the Wechat group (a new way for people in China to send group text messages, also a new way for people to fawn on and please superiors) Right now, everything is as quiet as I wanted. However, when quietness takes the leading role in my life, it begins to torture me. This has been a while until I find my new friend, a spider. A few days ago, I sat in front of my desk, and tried to read the complex materials for a standard test. Honestly, I had prepared this test for months, but it did not go well. As I got frustrated again, I found that a small spider left its nest, went forward several centimeters, and went back to its nest. I was surprised by this: every time I raised my head and looked at the wall corner, the spider kept still at the same place. I even thought it might already died, because it lives a life which seems impossible for human beings. It never leaves a step from its nest (at least I did not see that before this time); it does not have a friend or a family (at least its companions never show up at its corner); it seems to have no preys for a long time (at least I did not find any prey swirling here and being small enough for the little spider to catch). But this time it moved, even though it only moved several centimeters and a few seconds. This led me to pause for reflection about life. Is loneliness really a monster in life? If I were the spider, would I take loneliness as a daily routine or a daily torment? It may be a daily torment, because god gives us emotion and desire, which bring us sadness and sorrow and thus make us the most fragile and vulnerable creatures in the world. But, god also gives us mind, body and spirit, which bring us contemplation and action and thus make us the most complicated and advanced creatures in the world. At least, next time when I feel lonely and frustrated, I might not be as cool as a cucumber, but I can try my best to be as cool as a spider. :)
1

my clients kept bending my ear from the office hour to my after hours

To be honest, I very rarely heard the phrase "to bend someone's ear", and I don't think I ever used it. If what they say is dull/boring, you can say "they bored me to tears" or "they bored my socks off" :)

god gives us emotion and desire

In English, some nouns need to begin with upper case only in a non-plural sense. "God" is one, "Government" is another. But then we write "gods" and "governments". When we are talking about a particular one, we are basically using its name, e.g. "there is one god - [and his name is] God".

These months, I have been through many changes in life, quitting a job, breaking up with my ex, and staying at home alone. As I try to get used to my new life, I am kinda like a sea animal which is forced to adapt to a terrestrial area. Everything seems to be going against with me.
Loneliness is the first thing I must confront with. Before I quit my job, my clients kept bending my ear from the office hour to my after hours; my coworkers crammed my email-box and never stopped talking in the Wechat group (a new way for people in China to send group text messages, also a new way for people to fawn on and please superiors) Right now, everything is as quiet as I wanted. However, when quietness takes the leading role in my life, it begins to torture me. This has been a while until I find my new friend, a spider.
A few days ago, I sat in front of my desk, and tried to read the complex materials for a standard test. Honestly, I had prepared this test for months, but it did not go well. As I got frustrated again, I found that a small spider left its nest, went forward several centimeters, and went back to its nest. I was surprised by this: every time I raised my head and looked at the wall corner, the spider kept still at the same place. I even thought it might already died, because it lives a life which seems impossible for human beings. It never leaves a step from its nest (at least I did not see that before this time); it does not have a friend or a family (at least its companions never show up at its corner); it seems to have no preys for a long time (at least I did not find any prey swirling here and being small enough for the little spider to catch). But this time it moved, even though it only moved several centimeters and a few seconds.
This led me to pause for reflection about life. Is loneliness really a monster in life? If I were the spider, would I take loneliness as a daily routine or a daily torment? It may be a daily torment, because god gives us emotion and desire, which bring us sadness and sorrow and thus make us the most fragile and vulnerable creatures in the world. But, god also gives us mind, body and spirit, which bring us contemplation and action and thus make us the most complicated and advanced creatures in the world. At least, next time when I feel lonely and frustrated, I might not be as cool as a cucumber, but I can try my best to be as cool as a spider. :)

1

About a new friend

About a new friend

Over these last few months, I have been through many changes in life: quitting a job, breaking up with my ex, and staying at home alone. As I try to get used to my new life, I am kinda (kinda is only in speech)  like a sea animal which is forced to adapt to a terrestrial area. Everything seems to be going against with me.
Loneliness is the first thing I must confront with. Before I quit my job, my clients would keep me on the phone past my office hours kept bending my ear from the office hour to my after hours; my coworkers crammed my email-box and never stopped talking in the Wechat group (a new way for people in China to send group text messages, also a new way for people to fawn on and please superiors) Right now, everything is as quiet as I wanted. However, when quietness takes the leading role in my life, it begins to torture me. This had been going on for a while, until I found my new friend, a spider. 
A few days ago, I sat in front of my desk, and tried to read the complex materials for a standard test. Honestly, I had prepared for this test for months, but it did not go well. As I got frustrated again, I found that a small spider left its nest, went forward several centimeters, and went back to its nest. I was surprised by this: every time I raised my head and looked at the wall corner, the spider kept still at the same place. I even thought it might have already died, because it lives a life which seems impossible for human beings. It never leaves a step steps away from its nest (at least I did not see that before this time); it does not have a friend or a family (at least its companions never show up at its corner); it seems to have no preys for a long time (at least I did not find any prey swirling here and being small enough for the little spider to catch). But this time it moved, even though it only moved several centimeters and a few seconds.
This led me to pause for reflection about on life. Is loneliness really a monster in life? If I were the spider, would I take loneliness as a daily routine or a daily torment? It may be a daily torment, because God gives us emotion and desire, which bring us sadness and sorrow and thus make us the most fragile and vulnerable creatures in the world. But, God also gives us mind, body and spirit, which bring us contemplation and action and thus make us the most complicated and advanced creatures in the world. At least, next time when I feel lonely and frustrated, I might not be as cool as a cucumber, but I can try my best to be as cool as a spider. :)

You are an amazingly talented writer. What beautiful images, well throught-out metaphors, and great expressions. Keep up the good work! 

I really enjoyed this text :)
June 26, 2015