Ruthi
Travellers and non travellers I want to ask you all a question.I am a traveller,some of you already know this about me.I am actually an obsessive traveller.I am always thinking about my next trip.Some of my friends don't understand this.They think I am running away from something,or that I am wasting my money.Some people spend lots of money buying furniture or decorating their houses.I think that is boring.I want to see as many countries as I can before I am too old to do that. Do you think I am crazy? Do you think I am irresponsible? I just spent 3 years away from home experiencing another culture.I have lived in 3 different countries,and visited more than 33.Is this strange? Is it abnormal? Would you do it? Another thing is that when I come back from a trip and I want to tell friends about it they are not interested.They tell me about a new supermarket that just opened,or a TV show.These things don't really interest me and they don't want to hear about my experiences,so I just write about them in my blog. Do you think travellers and non travellers can understand each other?
I believe that notebook entries appear there too.I will check.
It might be an idea to post this in Discussions rather than Notebook - assuming you want people's ideas rather than corrections!
I'm not a traveller myself. Instead, I quite prefer a stable lifestyle. Ironically, that's the reason I would like to study a foreign language and pursue a more stable life in an English speaking country. I don't fully understand travellers. And I honestly wouldn't do it even if I could afford it financially. But I do understand that, if you don't understand someone, they're not abnormal. I know a few tavellers, and they're funny and clever.
Not couragous at all Melaminefree.This is what I chose to do.I don't want to be 80 years old and live with regrets.When I returned from China many of my friends said "Oh you are so brave" and I couldn't understand why they said that.It was such an amazing experience I felt privileged to be able to do that.So courage is not the issue.You have to realize your dreams,because life is short.
Hi Ruthi. When I heard that you'd settled in so many countries and had been to even more, my first impression was your experience was admirable. However, on reflection, I understood that being a traveller like you is not an easy job. With great joy also comes great challenges. It must require a lot of courage to spend so much of one's life in different countries.