Tian Yuan
Should artists always be given the freedom to express their ideas without government restrictions ? I agree with this opinion partially. Creative artists ought to have freedom to express their ideas in appropriate ways which sometimes government restrictions could help them to choose. Although some restrictions are based on political motives, their aims are mostly for political stability, social harmony and the realization of people’s fundamental interest. On the other hand, the artistic creation is more or less concerned with social impact. If the impact is negative or even harmful, the artists and their ideas will be blamed not only by the government but also by the public. In 2006, a Chinese film crew was fined by the National Environment Protection Agency for its environmental destruction during the filming period. Instead of the ideas conveyed by the film, this affair became the public focus, even though the director is Chen Kaige, an illustrious artist. This affair eventually brought a government restriction to forbid shooting films in key-protected national native reserves. I believe this restriction could protect the environment as well as help artists express their thoughts more freely. In addition, as an important social activity, the art exhibition should be held in proper places permitted by law. For example, some forms of performance art are criticized for nudity, bloodiness and violence. These pieces of artwork ought to be displayed in certain places for certain people. Otherwise they might cause public disorder and influence the mental health of those people who do not yet have enough comprehensive ability, for instance teenagers. People known as artists must have a good reputation of behavior and skills. As general citizens, they should observe the law and discipline. As influential artists, they should have more responsibilities for the society.
1

Should artists always be given the freedom to express their ideas without government restrictions ?

[1] I agree with this opinion partially in part [2, 3]. Creative artists ought to have freedom to express their ideas in appropriate ways,  which sometimes government restrictions could help them to choose.

Although some restrictions are based on political motives, their aims are mostly for political stability, social harmony and the realization of people’s fundamental interests. On the other hand, the artistic creation is more or less concerned with social impact. If the impact is negative or even harmful, the artists and their ideas will be blamed not only by the government but also by the public. In 2006, a Chinese film crew was fined by the National Environment Protection Agency for its environmental destruction during the filming period. Instead of the ideas conveyed by the film, this affair became the public focus, even though the director is Chen Kaige, an illustrious artist. This affair eventually brought about a government restriction to forbid shooting films in key-protected national native reserves. I believe this restriction could protect the environment as well as help artists express their thoughts more freely.

... [4]

----

[1] Your essay should start by paraphrasing the topic, either generally or as a way of introducing your opinion.

[2] The word 'partially' is an averb, so it would need to be associated with the verb 'agree'.  For example, "I agree partially with this opinion."  However that sounds weak, so I have suggested, "I agree with this opinion in part."

[3] I know the question was, "To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?"  However it's weak to simply say, "I agree," or, "I disagree," or anything in between.  You should state your opinion, and then use the body of your essay to justify your opinion.

[4] Italki places a limit on the amount of corrections I can provide to a long essay.  If you'd like me to correct the final two paragraphs, please add a comment.

----

Your English is extremely good.  If you are preparing for an IELTS or similar examination, you might spend a little time researching how to write an essay.  This is not to suggest your essay is weak, but to suggest an area where a little study would result in a great improvement to your English essays.

1

In addition, as an important social activity, the an [1] art exhibition should be held in a proper places [2],  as permitted by law. For example, some forms of performance art are criticized for nudity, bloodiness [3] and violence. These pieces of artwork ought to be displayed in certain places for certain people. Otherwise they might cause public disorder and influence the mental health of those people who do not yet have enough comprehensive ability cannot comprehend the artwork, for instance teenagers. 

People known as artists Artists must have a good reputation of for behavior and skills. As general citizens, they should observe the law and discipline [4]. As influential artists, they should have more responsibilities for the in society.

[5]

----

[1] Writing "the art exhibition" suggests you are talking about a single, known exhibition.  If you are talking about any art exhibition that may have been held previously, or may be held in the future, you should write, "an art exhibition".

[2] You have chosen to talk about "an art exhibition", which refers to a single exhibition.  Therefore, it would be held in a single location.  Please compare these two sentences:

"An art exhibition should be held in a proper place."

"Art exhibitions should be held in proper places."

[3] The word 'bloodiness' is unusual.  While 'bloodiness' is indeed a word, the word 'gore' is more often used when describing art that depicts blood.

[4] I am not sure what you mean here.  Perhaps, "observe the law and show self-discipline"?

[5] Your essay needs a conclusion.