Brian
Describe a city or town you’ve been to. Describe a city or town you’ve been to. You should say: where it was; why you went there; who you went with; and explain how you felt about this city or town. The city I’m going to describe is New Delhi, the capital of India. I travelled there in last Nov with my other 5 friends. The reasons I am keen to visit there are because: Firstly I am working in an India high-tech company, and because of that, I have much more interactions with Indian colleagues, and I therefor would like to deepen understanding of Indian local culture which is kind of mysteries to me. Apart from that, it was noticed that the flight ticket during that time was much cheaper than ever. Rumour said it that the New Delhi city is totally jam-packed, messy and even smelly. Once we arrived at the Gandhi airport, actually it was a modern airport with comprehensive infrastructure, such as vending machine, CVS, and subway from airport to the C.B.D. But when we arrived at Paharganj, the central area for back-packers which was near our booked hotel, it was noticed that it was overcrowded, and on the ground, there were all kinds of trash like plastic bags, left-over food, fruit peels, which was extremely disturbing. Also, the foul smell coming from the sewage made me feel like throwing up. After further investigation and hanging out in the city, finally I understand that the area which nearby the airport is the New Delhi which is clean and modern, and conversely Paharganj is in Delhi which is the old urban area, awful and dirty.

Describe a city or town you’ve been to.

Describe a city or town you’ve been to. You should say where it was, why you went there, who you went with, and explain how you felt about this city or town.

The city I’m going to describe is New Delhi, the capital of India. I travelled there in last November with my five other friends. (Numbers less than 10 are usually spelled out while writing.) There were a number of reasons, I  The reasons I am was keen to visit there it . are because: Firstly, I am working in an Indian high-tech company, and because of that, I have much more interactions with Indian colleagues. and I Therefore, I would like to deepen my understanding of Indian local culture which is kind of mysteries mysterious to me. Apart from that, it was noticed that the flight ticket during that time was much cheaper than ever.

Rumour are rife in China said it that the New Delhi city is totally jam-packed, messy and even smelly. Once we arrived at the Gandhi airport, we were happy to see that actually it was a modern airport with comprehensive infrastructure, such as vending machine, CVS, and subway from airport to the C.B.D. But when we arrived at Paharganj, the central area for backpackers, which was near our booked hotel, it was we noticed that it was overcrowded. and On the ground, there were all kinds of trash like plastic bags, left-over food and fruit peels, which was extremely disturbing. Also, the foul smell coming from the sewage made me feel like throwing up.

After further investigation and hanging out in the city, finally I understand realized/understood that the area of Delhi, which is near by the airport is the known as 'New Delhi' which is clean and modern, and conversely Paharganj is also in Delhi which is the old urban area, which is awful and dirty.