Jérôme
Professional Teacher
Homework 1 Hi everyone, could you help me to correct this little article I had to make about the use of tablets in education? I had to watch several videos on Youtube and sum them up. We talked about the use of tablets in education. Indeed, many schools propose their students to work only with tablets, and some people are against this controversial method. Matthew Gedenius, a computer programmer, educational technologist and teacher draws the attention to the limitations of the iPad for education. “Millions of websites can't be accessed by iPads,” because of a lack of important web applications like Flash. They are “unable to run powerful productivity software” and “are not cost-effective.” But the Essa Academy in Bolton chose to use the iPad in the teaching process. The students use the Apple's device, so they don't have to carry books around all time. The headteacher Showk Badat says that “it's a natural evolution and progression.” This video deals with all the advantages of the iPad in education, for example the fact that students can do exercises on iPad and have an instant feedback of their teacher, they can take the tablet home to do their homework, etc. It's about the real utility of the iPad. And in South Grove intermediate school, the students love their android tablet too. It helps them to “take the ownership of their learning” and is “easier than pens and paper.” In all likelihood, the use of tablets is spreading everywhere. In America, in the UK, in France, as well as in a few asian countries (amongst others), schools are taking advantage of the iPad and other android tablets. In my opinion, the use of tablets in education is really important, because they have a lot of possibilities to offer. Thousands of helpful and costless applications are dedicated to the education and I have tried a lot of them to study foreign languages. Matthew Gedenius is right, there are some limitations, but we can always find (more or less) good alternatives. For example, iPad don't have a built-in keyboard, but there is a possibility to buy one, or just use the virtual one proposed in it. The lack of important web applications is problematical, but Apple offers many alternatives with its apps. I use the iPad everyday to study, take notes, play educational games, listen to music or radio, watch videos, and I think all of these have help me to progress a lot. Do you have something to add to this? Thanks!
2

Homework 1

Hi everyone, could you help me to correct this little article I had to make about the use of tablets in education? I had to watch several videos on Youtube and sum them up.

In class English class we discussed the use of tablets in education, as many schools controversially propose that their students to work only with tablets. Both sides of the argument were presented. 

Experts such as Matthew Gedenius give useful opinions on the matter. Gedenius is a computer programmer, educational technologist, and teacher, who draws the attention to the limitations of the iPad for education.  He highlights that, "Millions of websitescan't be accessed by iPads...” because of a lack of important web applications like Flash. Further, iPads are “unable to run powerful productivity software” and “are not cost-effective.”

Despite these negatives,  Essa Academy in Bolton chose to use the iPad in the teaching process. The students use the Apple's device, so they don't have to carry books around all time. The headteacher Showk Badat says that, “it's a natural evolution and progression.” The video deals with some of the many advantages of the iPad in education, including that the students can do exercises on iPad with instant feedback of their teacher, that they can take the tablet home to do their homework, just to name a few. It's about the real utility of the iPad. And in South Grove intermediate school, the students love their android tablet too. It helps them to “take the ownership of their learning” and is “easier than pens and paper.” 

In reality, the use of tablets is spreading everywhere. In America, the UK, France, asian countries, and beyond,  schools are taking advantage of tablets. The use of tablets in education is important, because they off a lot of possibilites. Thousands of helpful and costless applications are dedicated to education and I have tried many of them to study foreign languages. Matthew Gedenius is right, there are some limitations, but we can always find (more or less) good alternatives. For example, iPad don't have a built-in keyboard, but there is a possibility to buy one, or just use the virtual one proposed in it. The lack of important web applications is problematic, but Apple offers many alternatives with its apps. Many use the iPad everyday to study, take notes, play educational games, listen to music or radio, watch videos, and all of these help many people to progress educationally (myself included) . 

Do you have something to add to this? Thanks!

1

Homework 1

We talked a lot about the use of tablets in education. Indeed, many schools propose that their students to work only with tablets, and although some people are against this controversial method. Matthew Gedenius, a computer programmer, educational technologist, and teacher draws the attention to the limitations of the iPad for education. “Millions of websites can't be accessed by iPads,” because of due to a lack of important web applications like Flash. They are “unable to run powerful productivity software” and “are not cost-effective.” But However, the Essa Academy in Bolton chose to use the iPads in the teaching process. The students use the Apple's devices, so that they don't have to carry books around all the time. Additionally, the headteacher Showk Badat says that “it's a natural evolution and progression.” This video deals with all the advantages of the iPads in education. This includes for example the fact that students can do exercises on iPad and have an recieve instant feedback of from their teacher, they can take the tablet home to do their homework, etc. It's about the real utility of the iPad. And In South Grove intermediate school, the students also love their android tablet too. It helps them to “take the ownership of their learning” and is “easier than pens and paper.”
In all likelihood, the use of tablets is will spreading everywhere. In America, in the UK, in France, as well as in a few asian countries (amongst others), schools are taking advantage of the iPad and other android tablets. In my opinion, the use of tablets in education is really very important, because they have a lot of possibilities to offer. Thousands of helpful and costless free applications are dedicated to the education and which I have tried a lot of them used to study foreign languages. Matthew Gedenius is correct right, as there are some limitations, but however, we can always find (more or less) good alternatives. For example, iPads don't have a built-in keyboard, but there is a possibility to buy one can be purchased, or just use the virtual one can be usedproposed in it. The lack of important web applications is problematical, but Apple offers many alternatives with its apps. I use the iPad everyday to study, take notes, play educational games, listen to music or radio, watch videos, and I think all of these have helped me to progress a lot.

1

Homework 1

We talked about the use of tablets in education. Indeed, many schools propose their students to work only with tablets, and some people are against this controversial method. Matthew Gedenius, a computer programmer, educational technologist and teacher, draws the attention to the limitations of the iPad for education. “Millions of websites can't be accessed by iPads” because of a lack of important web applications like Flash. They are “unable to run powerful productivity software” and “are not cost-effective.” But However, the Essa Academy in Bolton chose to use the iPad in the teaching process. The students use the Apple's device so that they don't have to carry books around all time. The headteacher Showk Badat says that “it's a natural evolution and progression.” This video deals with all the advantages of the iPad in education such as, for example the fact that students can do exercises on the iPad and have an instant feedback of from their teacher, they can take the tablet home to do their homework, etc. It's about the real utility of the iPad. And At South Grove intermediate school, the students love their android tablet too. It helps them to “take the ownership of their learning” and is “easier than pens and paper.”
In all likelihood, the use of tablets is spreading everywhere. In America, in the UK, in France, as well as in a few asian countries, amongst others, schools are taking advantage of the iPad and other android tablets. In my opinion, the use of tablets in education is really important, because they have a lot of possibilities to offer. Thousands of helpful and costless applications are dedicated to the education and I have tried a lot of them to study foreign languages. Matthew Gedenius is right - there are some limitations, but more or less, we can always find (more or less) good alternatives. For example, the iPad does not have a built-in keyboard, but there is a the possibility to of buying one, or one can just use the virtual one proposed in it. The lack of important web applications is problematical, but Apple offers many alternatives with its apps. I use the iPad everyday to study, take notes, play educational games, listen to music or to the radio, and to watch videos, and I think all of these have help me to progress a lot.