Joanna C.R
I need your help :), Can you correct my writting? It´s about HUGE EARTHQUAKE DESTROYS CITY HUGE EARTHQUAKE DESTROYS CITY A gigantic earthquake happened in Ica and another nearby cities; it was on the 15 of August, in 2007. This happening measured 8.0 on the moment magnitude scale. The Peruvian government stated that 570 people were killed by the quake. Most people lost their houses so the governments have to spent a lot of money to build new houses, churches, streets and the most important things are food and water because they haven´t got nothing. Some people said that they went out as soon as they heard some shouts, for example I remember that a girl lost her pet while look for a safe place ( I read this report in a blog). The victims were living on the streets until volunteer brought some tents for them, but the problem was during the night because they didn´t have bedspreads. One of the sad moment is that , people were crushed by some walls, by the time civil defense arrived, several people died. Earthquakes are events that we can´t predict but can prevent some damages and we also have to change our attitude them. Now, the thing didn´t change because the governments hadn´t do nothing, they only spoke for that moment .I hope that this important help come them. Thanks x)

I need your help :), Can you correct my writting? It´s about HUGE EARTHQUAKE DESTROYS CITY

HUGE EARTHQUAKE DESTROYS CITY
A gigantic earthquake happened in Ica and another nearby cities; it was on the 15 of August, in 2007. This happening measured 8.0 on the moment Richter Magnitude Scale. The Peruvian Government stated that 570 people were killed by the quake.
Most people lost their houses so the governments have has to spent a lot of money to build new houses, churches, streets. and The most important things are food and water because they haven´t got nothing (Note that you have used a double negative here. you should say they haven't got anything or you could say thay have got nothing. You cannot mix the two)
Some people said that they went out as soon as they heard some shouting, for example, I remember that a girl lost her pet while look whilst looking for a safe place ( I read this report in a blog).
The victims were living on the streets until volunteers (plural) brought some tents for them, but the problem was during the night because they didn´t have bedspreads (blankets).
One of the sadder moments was that some people were crushed by some walls and by the time civil defense arrived, several people had died.
Earthquakes are events that we can´t predict but can prevent some damages by taking precautions. We also have to change our attitude to them.
Now, the thing didn´t Nothing has changed because the Governments hasn´t done anything since the disaster. They only spoke for that moment. I hope that this important help come them. (I cannot understand what this final part means. Sorry.)

Thanks x)

I got the overall meaning. I changed some things and I hope it helps.