My last weekend in Vienna I decided to spend my weekend in Vienna. The purpose of my trip was a visit to the Vienna State Opera. On Friday, in Donizetti's opera "Roberto Devereux" Edita Gruberova sang the role of the Queen of Britain. Edita Gruberova is one of my favorite singers. That evening Madame Gruberova sang beautifully! Her high notes, her piano, her acting was great! The second night I was watching an opera ‘Ariadne auf Naxos’ by Richard Strauss. All the singers were good! I especially liked Zerbinetta by Daniela Fally. After a visit to the Vienna State Opera I again thought that Bolshoi Theater in Moscow is a world-class theater. But not everyone of a world-class singers can sing at the Bolshoi Theatre. Very large auditorium and a large orchestra require singers with big and power voices. Performances at the Bolshoi Theatre are more rich and impressive scenery and costumes. Opera "Queen of Spades", "Boris Godunov", "Turandot" at the Bolshoi Theatre are beautiful! Stage design at the Vienna Opera is much more modest. But I'm happy to be back again in Vienna and the Vienna State Opera! Vienna, I love you!
2

My last weekend in Vienna

I decided to spend my weekend in Vienna. The purpose of my trip was to visit the Vienna State Opera. On Friday, in Donizetti's opera <em>Roberto Devereux</em>, Edita Gruberova sang the role of the Queen of Britain. Edita Gruberova is one of my favorite singers. That evening, Madame Gruberova sang beautifully! Her high notes, her piano playing, and her acting were great!

The second night, I watched <em>Ariadne auf Naxos</em> by Richard Strauss. All of the singers were good! I especially liked Daniela Fally as Zerbinetta. After a visit to the Vienna State Opera, it reminded me how the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow is a world-class theater. Despite this, not every world-class singer can sing at the Bolshoi Theater. It has a very large auditorium, and a large orchestra, requiring singers with big and powerful voices. Performances at the Bolshoi Theater have much more rich and impressive scenery and costumes. The operas <em>Queen of Spades</em>, <em>Boris Godunov</em>, and <em>Turandot</em> were beautiful when I saw them there! By comparison, the stage design at the Vienna State Opera was much more modest. Regardless, I am happy to be back in Vienna at the Vienna State Opera. Vienna, I love you!

---

As a side note, I lived in Vienna for six months and it was an amazing city. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!

1

My last weekend in Vienna

I decided to spend my weekend in Vienna. The purpose of my trip was a visit to the Vienna State Opera. On Friday, in Donizetti's opera "Roberto Devereux" Edita Gruberova sang the role of the Queen of Britain. Edita Gruberova is one of my favorite singers. That evening Madame Gruberova sang beautifully! Her high notes, her piano, her acting was great!
The second night I  watched an opera ‘Ariadne auf Naxos’ by Richard Strauss. All the singers were good! I especially liked Zerbinetta by Daniela Fally.
After a visit to the Vienna State Opera I again thought that Bolshoi Theater in Moscow is a world-class theater. But not all  world-class singers can sing at the Bolshoi Theatre. A very large auditorium and a large orchestra require singers with big and power voices.
Performances at the Bolshoi Theatre have more rich and impressive scenery and costumes. The Operas "Queen of Spades", "Boris Godunov", "Turandot" at the Bolshoi Theatre are beautiful! The Stage design at the Vienna Opera is much more modest.
But I'm happy to be back again in Vienna and the Vienna State Opera!
Vienna, I love you!

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend.