jorge
Teacher' salary Some people think teacher should be paid according to how much their students learn, and I disagree with that suggestion because students and teaching conditions are different between schools and nobody would want to work in schools which have “bad” students. It ‘s well known that the students are different, some students learn faster than others, and also teaching conditions have a big influence in how much the students learn. For example: It’s more complicated do a good job when some teachers have 40 students in their classroom than when they have 20 students per classroom. In the first case, that teacher can be working very hard, but maybe just the half of his class is doing well, so 20 students are improving, but in average they don’t have a good score, so he would receive a bad salary. On the other hand, another teacher who has 20 students, and again half or his class is doing well, that means 10 students, but in average could be better than the first teacher. In conclusion, the second one would receive a better salary; despite the first teacher did a better job In second place, nobody would want to work in some schools, because those schools do not have good students, so that kinds of school will not have enough teachers and they would have to mix classes and now they will have more students per room, and that situation is worse for those teachers. For example: in Chile exists a huge gap between private and public school, the statistics show private schools have better results than public school, so if we have that system for teacher’ salaries, every teacher would choose work in the private system.