Natalia Piskunova
What language is easier? Hi, everybody! Please, advise me, what language is easier for learning - French or German, if I already have the Intermediate level of English.
Well, many Asian say Japanese is easy to learn but just as mumbo jumbo to me, if my environment is all for English or Taiwanese dialect, which will be more accessible intimately.
About 28 % of English vocabulary is directly from Latin, and an additional 28% of English vocabulary is from French (from William the Conqueror's Norman Invasion). Have fun!
Thank you, Phil. About French pronunciation, for me it is not difficult because I learned it at school. Probably, I will start to learn French. It is closer to me.
About the same. Some people will point to German's case system, but Russian's case system is even more complex, so I don't see any problems for you there. You might find French pronunciation a bit difficult due to the fact the rhythm is very different from English or Russian, but if you make mastering the pronunciation your first priority, you'll be golden. I recommend you choose the one you're most interested in. If you want easy, you could just choose Bulgarian, which is supposed to be rather close to Russian.