Simon Lejeune
Why do we clap ? Hello guys ! I've just watched a very interesting video of Vsauce, a famous youtuber, about claping. Today we all clap, it has become a reflexe, but why do we do that ? At first, it seems that it's to express our excitement,when we have to exteriorize it. Then when we found something really interesting, we just clap. But as we've gone through ages, hasn't it also become a duty ? Like something we all have to do when we're facing something, a concert for example, something which is remarkable and that we have to underline. When we're at a concert, we're all very different, but we all have a power that we can use because we have something in commun : we all can clap. And then, we use it as a massive instrument to make noise. Not everyone can whistle, but basically, everyone in a crowd can clap. Furthermore, it's a gesture that we have naturally, that we do from the early beginning of our lives. Doctors recommand parents to encourage their children to clap from an early age. Plus, we can emphasize something. Computers and social networks tend to be seen as something that divides us, that plunges us in the loneliness, rather than something that binds us. Nevertheless, it seems like those networks have developped their own claping too. Actions that we really often do, such as " like " or " tweet ", don't make sense if they're not followed by others. It is convenient to massively like something, or to massively share it, so that the object of our excitement gets viral. We all seem isolated and lonely behind our screens, but finally everything we do is linked with others. That's what Vsauce found out. I tried to resume as well as I could this video in English, one day after seen it. Please correct my mistakes and tell me what you think of it. I basically agree with everything said above. Thanks !
1

Why do we clap ?

Hello guys !

I've just watched a very interesting video of Vsauce, a famous youtuber, about clapping. Today we all clap, it has become a reflexe, but why do we do that ? At first, it seems that it's to express our excitement,when we have to exteriorize[perhaps externalize is more common] it. Then when we found find something really interesting, we just clap. But as we've gone through the ages, hasn't it also become a duty ? Like something we all have to do when we're facing something, a concert for example, something which is remarkable and that we have to underline. When we're at a concert, we're all very different, but we all have a power that we can use because we have something in commun common : we all can clap. And then, we use it as a massive instrument to make noise. Not everyone can whistle, but basically, everyone in a crowd can clap. Furthermore, it's a gesture that we have naturally, that we do from the early beginning of our lives. Doctors recommand recommend parents to encourage their children to clap from an early age.

Plus, we can emphasize something. Computers and social networks tend to be seen as something that divides us, that plunges us in the loneliness, rather than something that binds us. Nevertheless, it seems like those networks have developped their own clapping too. Actions that we really often do, such as " like " or " tweet ", don't make sense if they're not followed by others. It is convenient to massively like something, or to massively share it, so that the object of our excitement gets viral. We all seem isolated and lonely behind our screens, but finally everything we do is linked with others.

That's what Vsauce found out. I tried to resume summarize as well as I could this video in English, one day after seen seeing it. Please correct my mistakes and tell me what you think of it. I basically agree with everything said above. Thanks !

[[ Great work! Mostly just small spelling mistakes! ]]

I know ! Vsauce is so interesting watch what would happen if the earth stopped spinning . That video got the most views ,I think and it's really informative