Chilun
The embarrassing things I did in my early years I loved to read story books when I was a child. My mother borrowed one for me and my brother from the library of her school every now and then in my early childhood. I won’t forget Chinese fairy tale-- picture story books about Chinese ancient stories, it has 12 volumes as a total-- that I read a long time ago. I still remember some embarrassing things I had done for reading these books before. One afternoon my mother asked me to go to bed--my family always to take naps in the weekend afternoon. I promised and lay on the bed actually, but hid the book under my pillow. I took out the book to read secretly after she closed my bedroom door. However, my mother is very smart. After about 5 minutes later, she opened my bedroom door suddenly and caught me. Then I can just hand over the book and go to bed obediently. The next weekend afternoon my mother asked me to go to bed again. I also get up and read the book after she had closed my bedroom door, but I paid attention to any sound outside my door this time. When I heard the sound of footsteps toward my room, I hid the book and lay on the bed to pretend that I had been fallen asleep. After I had finished everything, the door opened quietly and someone walked in slowly—I knew that is my mother. After she had stood in front of my bed for several seconds, she said “chilun, get up and give me the book.” I knew that she had seen through me, so I could only give her my book. A few days later, I asked her how she knew that I was pretending. She said “Your eyes closed, but your eye-lid blinked.” After I went to junior high school, I had too much homework and didn’t have time to read story books. Although I have been graduated from university for many years now, I still remember these things and the stories I had read before.