Antonio
Internship in a law firm Dear John, Last year I did a 3-month internship in one of the most important law firms in the country. After this enriching experience I now feel much more confident in order to face common legal issues. Regarding the work at the office, I used to have a close-knit with my colleagues as many of the cases we had to deal with were interdisciplinary. On an almost daily basis I had to make deep comparative law researches as well as contact several judges all around Europe. This also allowed me to practice different languages which is something I personally find quite valuable. For all of these reasons I can only encourage you to do the same and apply for a vacant in a big law firm. I know some people could think that this is a stuck behind a desk work, sometimes overloaded and underpaid, however this opinion is nothing further from the truth. I can only tell you that If I had known that this was so interesting I would have applied for this internship before. Regards, Antonio

Internship in a law firm

Dear John,

Last year I did a 3-month internship in one of the most important law firms in the country. After this enriching experience I now feel much more confident in order to face about dealing with common legal issues.

Regarding the work at the office, I was used to have a close-knit having close working relationships with my colleagues as many of the cases we had to deal with were interdisciplinary. On an almost daily basis I had to make deep comparative law researches as well as contact several judges all around Europe. This work also allowed me to practice different languages, which is something I personally find quite valuable.

For all of these reasons I can only encourage you to do the same and apply for a vacancy in a big law firm. I know some people could might think that this means being is a stuck behind a desk work, sometimes overworked and underpaid; however, this opinion could not be is nothing further from the truth. I can only tell you that If I had known that this was so interesting I would have applied for this internship before.

Regards,
Antonio

Good job.  I made some minor changes and suggestions.

Antonio

De verdad, no hay mucho para decir ni corregir en este ejercicio.  Voy a escribir mis comentarios en español para que pueda practicar un poco mientras leo tú trabajo.  Si tienes algunas preguntas sobre algo de mi comentario o del examen que vas a hacer, no dudes en decirme!

Un saludo,

Leigh

Internship in a law firm

Dear John,

Last year I did a 3-month internship in one of the most important law firms in the country. After this enriching experience I now feel much more confident in order to face about facing common legal issues. (Aquí también la palabra 'face/facing' sugiere que tú eres la persona con los problemas legals, los que tienes que enfrentar.  Se dice mejor 'I now feel much more confident about handling/dealing with/managing').

Regarding the work at the office, I used to have a close-knit with my colleagues ('used to' sugiere que ha pasado hace mucho tiempo', quiero que se diría mejor 'I normally/usually'.  No se puede decir 'close-knit' así....se puede decir por ejemplo que 'I always maintained close-knit relationships with my colleagues'...sin embargo, suena un poco raro.  Tal vez sería mejor decir 'I maintained close working relationships with my colleagues') as many of the cases we had to deal with were interdisciplinary. On an almost daily basis I had to make deep comparative law researches as well as contact several judges from all around Europe (También se dice 'from all around Europe). This also allowed me to practise different languages, which is something I personally find quite valuable.

For all of these reasons I can only encourage you to do the same and apply for a vacancy in a big law firm. I know some people could think that this is a stuck behind a desk work (aquí se dice con más frecuencia 'this work involves being stuck behind a desk') sometimes overloaded and underpaid, however this opinion is nothing could not be any further from the truth (could not be any further from the truth es una frase hecha) . I can only tell you that if I had known that this was so interesting I would have applied for this internship before sooner.

Regards,
Antonio

Antonio, tienes un MUY buen nivel de inglés!  Estoy impresionado.  Si puedo ayudarte con cualquier cosa, dímelo!

Un abrazo!

Leigh