Elena
Curriculum access This article is based on a research that has evaluated practices and factors at schools. The aim of the investigation is to exam how a modification in the curriculum might affect to students with disabilities. In order to get the best results, they have examined instructional practices, students and teacher variables, and classroom factors. It has been proposed two types of modifications: curriculum adaptations and curriculum augmentations. Findings have revealed that curriculum modifications were barely present in the instructional experiences of students with disabilities. However, students who were learning self-directly reached goals at rates higher than expected. In addition, they found that the academic engagement of these students is higher during teacher-directed instruction. It has been difficult to find subjects with disabilities that received instruction in core content areas in a general education classroom. To sum up, the findings from this study supported the importance of curriculum modifications even having been shown the lack of diversity.