Yap Jun Hong
en novelle (A short story) "Mama," Ha spør, "vet du hvorfor himmelen er blå?" "Nei," Hun svar. "Jeg har levde på femti år og vet mye, men ikke forklare himmelen og det farge. Vet du?" Ha smiler. "Nei. Men Jeg vet himmelen er velding pen, og Jeg vet selv om det kanskje regn, sonnen skal alltid skinne igjen." Stillhet. En dråpe regn. Mor og barn lydløst gå til skolen. Både er fornøyt, fordi i dag skal bli en god dag. "Mother," He says, "Do you know why the sky is blue?" "No," she replies. "I have lived for fifty years and know a lot, but I cannot explain why the sky is it's colour. Do you know?" He smiles. "No. But I know that the sky is very pretty, and I know that although it may rain, the sun will always shine again." Silence. A drop of rain. Mother and child walk silently to the school. Both are content, because today shall be a good day. (Note: I wrote this entry for 3 reasons. First, to practice my grammar in Norwegian, second, to see how I would think while writing this [Failed very hard. English in my head to Norwegian was such that I forgot simple words like 'child', 'walk', and 'sun shines' that I had recently learnt]. Finally, I've been a big fan of Norwegian existential thinking and wanted to try to capture some of that essence here. Verden er pen; la oss feire. Used some google translate for both words that I forgot and to find new ones.)

<em>Har du funnet på novella selv? Jeg blir nysjerrig... :)</em>

en novelle (A short story)

"Mamma (or: mor)," Ha spør sier han, "vet du hvorfor himmelen er blå?"

"Nei," Hun svar svarer hun. "Jeg har levde levd  i (see the last post you wrote, I explained why in my corrections there) femti år og vet mye, men jeg kan ikke forklare hvorfor himmelen og det har den fargen. Vet du?"

Han smiler. "Nei. Men Jeg jeg vet at himmelen er velding pen, og Jeg jeg vet at selv om det kanskje regner (sounds better with: "selv om det regner av og til"), sonnen (skal) vil alltid solen skinne igjen. /or: vil solen alltid skinne igjen."

Stillhet. En (dråpe regnregndråpe. Mor og barn lydløst*r stille til skolen. BådeBegge** er fornøytfornøyde, fordi i dag skal bli en god dag / more used: fordi det skal bli en fin dag i dag.

"Mother," He says, "Do you know why the sky is blue?"

"No," she replies. "I have lived for fifty years and know a lot, but I cannot explain why the sky is it's colour. Do you know?"

He smiles. "No. But I know that the sky is very pretty, and I know that although it may rain, the sun will always shine again."

Silence. A drop of rain. Mother and child walk silently to the school. Both are content, because today shall be a good day.

(Note: I wrote this entry for 3 reasons. First, to practice my grammar in Norwegian, second, to see how I would think while writing this [Failed very hard. English in my head to Norwegian was such that I forgot simple words like 'child' (--> "(et) barn" or "(en) unge"), 'walk', and 'sun shines' that I had recently learnt]. Finally, I've been a big fan of Norwegian existential thinking and wanted to try to capture some of that essence here. Verden er pen; la oss feire. Agreed :)

Used some google translate for both words that I forgot and to find new ones.)

*lydløst --> without any sound. "Å gå lydløst" is to walk without making a sound. You'll have to tread carefully so that you don't tread on anything noisy. 
 **Både / begge - "begge" is used with two elements, but you don't use "og" in it - *Begge jeg og du (not possible). If you want to use "og", you'll have to use "både" --> Både jeg og du. Moreover, you cannot use "både" without "og", and that is why you must use "begge" in your sentence.