Victor
First entry about Forbidden Planet Hi everyone, I have had a lot of doubts trying to write my first entry. Finally, talking with Tony (a very good friend that I've found in italki), he recommended me a movie and, thanks to that, I found a reason to write something. This movie was Forbidden Planet. May be you know this film because it is a classic of the sci-fi. However, if you don't know it I tell you, it is a very good classic of the sci-fi. I love this genre, so watch such a classic was a must for me althought I don't use to like the old movies very much. I gave a opportunity to this one and I really enjoyed it. The argument of the film takes place in the future, in the XXIII century. A group of people (I was about to say "a group of astronauts" but I cannot do that because they don't dress in that way) is sent to an another planet to find out what happened with an another group lost years ago. I'm not going to talk about the argument but I'm going to tell you some highlighted things that I've found. Most of all funny things. First of all, Robbie the robot! I thought I have never seen this robot before, but when I saw it for the first time in the movie it sounded very familiar to me. It's a mix of the "Michelin" logo and a robot and it speaks more than 2000 languages (when most of us we are almost dying in the effort of trying to learn only one...). At least is a relief that Leslie Nielsen (the commandant) says to Robbie at the beginning of the movie "english will be fine". Second thing that astonished me. The crew lands in the planet and this planet is empty. There is only two survivors, Doctor Morbius and his daughter. His daughter... is... very hot! She is the only woman left in an entire planet, and she recieves the visit of a crew compossed ENTIRELY for men. What a mess! I founded this very funny, especially when she says to the commandant "everyone wants to kiss me" (indeed?). The name of the actress is Anne Francis, by the way. Otherwise, I think the movie is fine despite the acting and the special effects are not the best. The effects for obvious reasons altought there are very imaginative things that it surprised me. I enjoyed this classic and I'm glad to have witnessed the first colour movie in the world.
2

Second The next thing that astonished me was that the crew lands in the planet and this planet only to find the place almost is empty. There is were only two survivors, Doctor Morbius and his daughter. His daughter... is... very hot! She was the only woman left in an female on the entire planet. and she recieves the visit of Imagine an entire a crew of hot blooded males after a long journey! compossed ENTIRELY for men. What a set up for things to comemess! I founded this very funny, especially when she says first spoke to the commandant, "everyone wants to kiss me" Indeed!?). The name of the actress is Anne Francis, By the wayAnne Francis portrayed the role

Otherwise, Despite of the hokey-pokey stuff, I think the movie is fine.  I won't say despite the acting would warrant an Academy Award nor the special effects great by today's standard. are not the best. Even though the effects for obvious reasons altought are very lame, nevertheless, they are very imaginative things for that period and that it surprised me. I enjoyed this classic and I'm was glad to have witnessed the first colour sci-fi  movie in the world.

Some facts... :)

1.  In the movie, the robot can only speak 188 languages.

2.  The first "color" movie is "A Trip to the Moon", hand painted in 1902 (so also the first Sci-fi color, even though it is colorization and not the kinds we know today).  The first French color movie is The Passion Play, the first UK, "With Our King and Queen Through India", (using natural color and not colorization). The 1st US color movie is "Joan the Woman".

1

Good job! Here are some comments and alternative ways of saying things. I will try to change what you wrote as little as possible, and I may have misunderstood exactly what you meant to say at times.

First entry about Forbidden Planet

Hi everyone, I have had a lot of doubts trying to about what to write in my first entry. Finally, I spoke talking with Tony (a very good friend that I've found in italki), and he recommended a movie to me. a movie and, Thanks to that discussion, I found a reason to write something.

This movie was <em>Forbidden Planet</em>. Maybe you know this film because it is a classic of the sci-fi (o a sci-fi classic). However, if you don't know it, I can tell you that it is a very good film classic of the sci-fi. I love this genre, so watching such a classic was a must for me although I didn't use to like the old movies very much. I gave a opportunity to this one gave this one a chance, and I really enjoyed it.

The argument plot of the film takes place (o, The film takes place...) in the future, in the XXIII century. A group of people (I was about to say "a group of astronauts" but I cannot do that because they don't dress in that way) is sent to an another planet to find out what happened with an another a previous group which had gotten lost (o, which had disappeared) years ago. I'm not going to talk about the plot, but I'm going to tell you some highlighted things that stood out to me, I've found. Most of all  mostly some funny things.

First of all, Robbie the robot! I thought I have had never seen (nunca había visto) this robot before, but when I saw it for the first time in the movie it sounded very familiar to me. It's a mix of the "Michelin" logo and a robot, and it speaks more than 2000 languages (when most of us we are almost dying in the effort of trying to learn only one...). At least it is a relief that Leslie Nielsen (the commandant) says to Robbie at the beginning of the movie "English will be fine".

The second thing that astonished me has to do with the nearly all-male cast. The crew lands on the planet and this planet is empty. There is only two survivors, Doctor Morbius and his daughter. His daughter... is... very hot!  She is the only woman left on an entire planet, and she recieves the visit of a crew compossed ENTIRELY of men. What a mess! I founded this very funny, especially when she says to the commandant "everyone wants to kiss me" (indeed?). The name of the actress is Anne Francis, by the way.

Otherwise, I think the movie is fine despite the fact that the acting and the special effects are not the best. The effects for are obvious reasons although there are some very imaginative things that it surprised me. I enjoyed this classic, and I'm glad to have witnessed the first colour movie in the world.

Good job!  This was one of my favorite movies when I was a boy.  It was very advanced and imaginative for its time.  Many aspects of the movie have been copied by later filmmakers so the effects, characters, and some of the plot may now seem old fashioned or obvious, as you point out.  Not only can Robbie speak many languages, but he can also manufacture whatever type of beverage you desire and in large quantities!  I'm glad you liked the movie.  My favorite line, by the way, has to do with the "monsters from the id," which is a reference to Sigmund Freud and the influence he had on the 20th century.  Actually, seeing this movie prompted me to read Freud's <em>Interpretation of Dreams</em>.

1

My First Entry: about The Forbidden Planet

Hi everyone! I have had a lot of much doubts when I was trying to write my first entry. Finally, after talking with Tony (a very good friend that I've found in met on italki), he recommended me a movie and, thanks to his suggestion that, I found a reason to write something.

This movie is "Forbidden Planet". May be Perhaps you know this film it because it is a sci-fi classic of the sci-fi. However, and if you don't, know it I me tell you in a moment. , it is a very good classic of the sci-fi. I love this genre and to, so watch such a classic was is a must for me althought even though I don't use to like the old movies very much. I took a chance with gave a opportunity to this one and I really enjoyed it.

The argument plot of the film takes is that place in the future, in the XXIII centurya mission A group of people (I was about to say "a group of astronauts" but I cannot do that because they don't dress in that way) is sent to an another planet to find out what had happened with a previous one that took place several  an another group lost years ago. I didn't want to call them astronaunts because not only do they not dressed as what I perceived but also the way they were portraying their roles. I'm not going discuss about the illogic of things but to highlight the parts that are hilarious to me. to talk about the argument but I'm going to tell you some highlighted things that I've found. Most of all funny things.

First of all, there is the robot, Robbie the robot! I thought I have never had seen this robot somewhere before. but when I saw it for the Its first time appearance in the movie and its voice it sounded very familiar to me. It's a mix reminded me of the "Michelin" logo mascot and here's and a robot and it that can speaks more than 2000 languages (when most of us we are almost dying in the effort of up to our knees trying to learn only one...).At least, it was is a relief that when Leslie Nielsen (the commandant) says to tells Robbie at the beginning of the movie that, "English will be fine".