Cathy Kim
Advertising influences people's lives in a negative way It is no doubt that in this industrial society, everyone’s life is somehow – even unknowingly – related to advertising in a way one lives either as a seller who uses advertising to sell products or as a customer who is attracted by advertising. So, how does advertising affect our lives? In a positive way or in a negative way? In my opinion, it has more positive influence in terms of changing people’s lives. First of all, we can think of the main purpose of advertising – sell products to general public who are also being called in the field of advertising as “potential customer”. Now sales is not as troublesome as it was before, the new way of advertising render all products readily available to customers through TV and internet. The development of advertising stimulates people’s consuming desires and this brings about the vitalization of the whole economy which will finally cause the living standards of people to rise. Secondly, there is another form of advertising not aiming to earn money, which is public-service advertisement. This kind of advertisement targets mainly on the people living together in a country, and usually it’s a non-profit advertisement that will not expect any economic benefits. It is obvious that public-service advertisement is normally conducted on a large scale so that government can get different ideas and opinions about a plan or draw people’s attentions or have more people participate in a campaign. Like this, advertising allows government or organizations to work more efficiently and help people do good things for the society. As I mentioned above, the influence of advertising is far more positive than we think. It can promote buying and selling that finally leads to the economic growth as well as help people make this world a better place through the public service advertisement. That’s why advertising is indispensable in our lives.
1

Advertising influences people's lives in a negative way

It is no doubt that in this industrial society, everyone’s life is somehow – even unknowingly – related to advertising in a way one lives either as a seller who uses advertising to sell products or as a customer who is attracted by advertising. So, how does advertising affect our lives? In a positive way or in a negative way? In my opinion, it has more of a positive influence in terms of changing people’s lives.

First of all, we can think of the main purpose of advertising – to sell products to the general public who are also being called in the field of advertising as “potential customers”. Nowadays sales is not as troublesome as it was before, the new way of advertising render all products readily available to customers through TV and internet. The development of advertising stimulates people’s consuming desires and this brings about the vitalization of the whole economy which will finally cause the living standards of people to rise.

Secondly, there is another form of advertising not aiming to earn money, which this is public-service advertisement. This kind of advertisement targets mainly on the people living together in a country, and usually it’s a non-profit advertisement that will not expect any economic benefits is done with no expectation of economic benefits. It is obvious that public-service advertisement is normally conducted on a large scale so that government can get different ideas and opinions about a plan or draw people’s attentions to or have more people participate in a campaign. Like this, advertising allows government or organizations to work more efficiently and help people do good things for the society.

As I mentioned above, the influence of advertising is far more positive than we think. It can promote buying and selling that finally leads to the economic growth as well as help people make this world a better place through the public service advertisement. That’s why advertising is indispensable in our lives.

Comments

I believe that the Korean language lacks some of the English linking words like a and the (examples - this is a tree , the person fell over) so those are some of the additions that I have made. On the whole, this is an advanced English text.

1

It is no doubt that in this industrial society, everyone’s life is somehow – even unknowingly – related to advertising in some way. One lives either as a seller who uses advertising to sell products or as a customer who is attracted by advertising. So, how does advertising affect our lives? In a positive way or in a negative way? In my opinion, it has more positive influence in terms of changing people’s lives.

First of all, we can think of the main purpose of advertising – selling products to the general public who are also being called in the field of advertising as “potential customer”. Now sales are not as troublesome as they were before, the new way of advertising renders all products readily available to customers through TV and internet. The development of advertising stimulates people’s consuming desires and this brings about the vitalization of the whole economy which will finally cause the living standards of people to rise.

Secondly, there is another form of advertising not aiming to earn money which is a public-service advertisement. This kind of advertisement targets mainly on the people living together in a country, and usually it’s a non-profit advertisement that will not expect any economic benefits. It is obvious that public-service advertisements are normally conducted on a large scale so that the government can get different ideas and opinions about a plan or draw people’s attentions and have more people participate in a campaign. Like this, advertising allows government or organizations to work more efficiently and help people do good things for the society.

As I mentioned above, the influence of advertising is far more positive than we think. It can promote buying and selling that finally leads to the economic growth as well as helping people make this world a better place through public service advertising. That’s why advertising is indispensable in our lives.