André Rosa
30/10/2014 Text published in a discussion group Education in Brazil is not possible to define using only one word, because there are different realities. I´ll explain!! Our elementary education and high school education aren´t so good because of low investiments and terrible structure offered for teachers (as salary and career plan). It´s common to observe governments concern only to produce numbers such as percentage of students admitted or repeaters, but them don´t mean quality of education. About languages, it is not possible to enter at university knowing english or spanish if I don´t spend my own money, because the teaching language is terrible, unfortunately. About higher education, we have a lot of good federal and state universities. Here in Brazil the best univeristies are publics and we are proud because of this, it is possible to have an excelent formation without spending anything. Because of govenment investiments and public potitics the numbers of students is increasing, on the other hand the quality of students is getting worse. The government plan has education as a priority, I hope an advance in this subject specially in education of quality.

30/10/2014

Text published in a discussion group on iTalki: 

It is not possible to define education in Brazil using only one word because there are different realities here/there. I'll explain it!!

Our elementary and high school education aren't so good because of low investiments and terrible structure offered for teachers (like salary and career plan). It's common to observe the government concerned only with producing numbers such as percentages of students admitted or of repeaters, but this doesn't mean quality of education. About languages, it is not possible to enter university knowing English or Spanish if you don't spend your own money, because the teaching of languages is terrible, unfortunately.

About higher education, we have a lot of good national and state universities. Here in Brazil the best universities are public and we are proud of this. It is possible to have an excellent course without spending much. Because of govenment investiments and public policies the number of students in universities is increasing. On the other hand, the quality of the students is getting worse. However, the government plan has education as a priority, so I expect an advance in this subject especially in education of quality.