Hunter Lee
Halloween Today is Halloween. Everybody have a plan to celebrate this holiday except me. I don't know how to decorate home and don't know why people wear a scary costume. I knew "trick or treaty" before but I just thought it was a game for children. Should I prepare some candies for children? How could I decorate home?
October 31 is the date of an old religion celebration, Samhain (pronounced Sowen, or close ). It was the day that the veils between the worlds of the living and the dead became very thin. Goblins, ghoulies, and "things that go bump in the night" walked the earth and might come to your door asking for treats... And would do mischief if not given treats. So, when people no longer believed in the old religion, they kept some of the old celebrations. Children played the part of the scary creatures, and said "Trick or treat" to get their candy. If you don't turn on your porch light, the children are not supposed to come to your door. It's a universal celebration here in the States, and there are frequently adult costume parties later in the evening. No trick or treating then!
We don't celebrate halloween here in Jordan , I think that it is fun and i would like to celebrate it one day :P , Since people in your country celebrate it you should prepare some candies for children .