Estelle
An Incident It was on a rainy summer afternoon,I went shopping alone. I bought two woolen overcoats on sale,which were packed in paper bags, a pocket of food, and a pair of shoes. I could hardly spare a hand to hold the umbrella. Then I went out of the hall to take a bus. To get to the bus stop, I had to walk across a large parking lot. I was halfway when all of a sudden,it started to rain heavily. That was an awkward situation for it would take me the same time to get to either side of the parking lot, yet there was absolutely no shelter at all. I tried to cover myself and the paper bags against the rain but the wind was too strong. Soon enough I was all wet. Just when I was hopeless and helpless,there came a car. The driver and his wife rolled the window down and asked me to get in it to keep the rain.They talked to me and comforted me for a while. At last, I didn’t get on the car because they were heading for another direction. But I was so moved by their kindness. They didn’t think of the mud staining their car or the water soiling the seats, they just asked and helped. Luckily the rain stopped and the sun came out soon after they drove away. That is something I will never forget. I can’t recall their car or even their faces, but I can always recall on a summer afternoon, after a heavy rain,I was bathed in brilliant sunshine, both body and mind.

An Incident

It was on a rainy summer afternoon that I went shopping alone. I bought two woolen overcoats on sale,which were packed in paper bags, a pocket of food, and a pair of shoes. I could hardly spare a hand to hold the umbrella. Then, I went out of the hall to take a bus. To get to the bus stop I had to walk across a large parking lot. I was halfway when all of a sudden it started to rain heavily. That was an awkward situation as it would take me the same time to get to either side of the parking lot and there was absolutely no shelter at all. I tried to cover myself and the paper bags against the rain but the wind was too strong. Soon enough I was all wet. Just when I was hopeless and helpless there came a car. The driver and his wife rolled the window down and asked me to get in to keep out of the rain.They talked to me and comforted me for a while. Alas, I didn’t get in the car because they were heading in another direction but, I was so moved by their kindness. They didn’t think of the mud staining their car or the water soiling the seats, they just asked and helped. Luckily, the rain stopped and the sun came out soon after they drove away.
That is something I will never forget. I can’t recall their car or even their faces, but I can always recall that on a summer afternoon, after a heavy rain,I was bathed in brilliant sunshine, both body and mind.