Rebecca
Póg mo thóin Dia duit. Níl mé cinnte cad a scríobh... Níl mé go fóill líofa Gaeilge In fact I hardly know anything, so I'm going to continue the rest of my entry in English. Language is so important to me, I cannot fathom a world with out it. How horrid would that be? Even the first men spoke a language, no matter how primitive it may be. Irish is my mother tongue, although my mother never learnt it, nor did my grandfather. So the most I learnt was the title of this entry! (Which is why it is the title ;) haha). The truth is that I do not know much at all, but if anyone is willing to teach me I would be more then welcome to accept their proposition! Thank you to all that read this, I know it is not much of an entry, but never mind haha Hope to talk to you
2

Póg mo thóin

Dia duit.

Níl mé cinnte cad a scríobhfaidh mé... [i.e. "I'm not sure what to write" - I suppose you do know the meaning of your title!]  Níl mé líofa go fóill sa Ghaeilge [or "Níl Gaeilge liofa agam go fóill"]

In fact I hardly know anything, so I'm going to continue the rest of my entry in English. Language is so important to me, I cannot fathom a world with out it. How horrid would that be? Even the first men spoke a language, no matter how primitive it may be [it is interesting to speculate what the first language must have been like].

Irish is my mother tongue, although my mother never learnt it, nor did my grandfather. So the most I learnt was the title of this entry! (Which is why it is the title ;) haha). The truth is that I do not know much at all, but if anyone is willing to teach me I would be more then welcome to accept their proposition!

Thank you to all that read this, I know it is not much of an entry, but never mind haha

Hope to talk to you

1

Póg mo thóin

Dia duit.

Níl mé cinnte cad a scríobh mé... Go fóil nil mo Gaeilge go liofa

In fact I hardly know anything, so I'm going to continue the rest of my entry in English. Language is so important to me, I cannot fathom a world with out it. How horrid would that be? Even the first men spoke a language, no matter how primitive it may be.

Hope to talk to you

Duolingo have a very good and free Irish course: https://en.duolingo.com/course/ga/en/Learn-Irish-Online Also you might want to consider buying books from amazon, Buntús Cainte for instance has good small conversations with good quality audio recordings, however it isn't sufficient on its own though. I cannot recommend any good Irish grammar books cause I learned it at school and have no idea what they were called. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunt%C3%BAs_Cainte Watch TG4 and listen to RnG. Both can be streamed for free outside of Ireland. Presently An Bronntonas is being aired (the Irish nomination for best foreign film at the oscars). There might be meetups as Gaeilge in your home city. Check it out. There is even one here in Berlin, Germany. Also please never say Póg mo thóin again :)