Cathy Kim
The government should require all citizens to perform some kind of national service. People living in this world have their own thoughts, habits and lifestyles. Even though it seems that people have different ways of living their lives, in fact, they are playing a certain role as a member of society and this is why taking part in various national services is important to each individual and to the whole country. The advantages that a person can get from various kind of national services are obvious. For example, one can achive a self-development by participating in numerous sociel services such as helping the poor and teaching small kids with one's knowledge and specialized skills. It is true that people usually feel happy and a great sense of achivement when they are able to give a hand to someone who are in need of help. Also, it is a good opportunity to expand one's life circle by interacting with new people. Through this, people not only can have a better understanding about each other living in different situations but also gain knowledge about new aspects of society such as the current social security system and the new established laws for the elderly and the poor. The positive effect that the people who are participating in social services bring to the government is undeniable. Most of all, the government is definitely able to reduce its budget on security system and public education. With a large number of people who are willing to contribute their talent to society, government does not have to spend money protecting or taking care of the elderly as well as hiring employees to work as teachers for public education. Of course, the quaility of the talent donors should be evaluated by reliable authorizing institutions. In addition to this, the average quaility of people's lives and the life satisfaction index will increase in both those who can help and those who get help. In conclusion, performing national services or social services are highly necessary to all of us as well as to the goverment in that the advantages that I mentioned above are far beneficial and extremely desirable in varioius ways. Thus, I strongly agree with the idea that the government should require all citizens to perform a certain national service.