Antonio
Jet streams The reading passage talks about jet streams which are an air flow that takes place in high altitude and their speed average is 190 miles per hour. There are two types of jet streams the subtropical and the polar jet stream, both cause strong storms and when they move away of an area, the weather clears. The professor provides more information of jet streams saying that they separate the north air from the south air. In addition, he takes a trip by air plane from the Angeles to New York as an example, in order to explain the jet streams influence on air travels. He says that the return of that trip will be as much as an hour less, because the strong air enables wings to move quicker on the contrary, when an airplane flies from the Angeles to new York the trip will last more, since the airplane has to move against the air, as a result it will consume more combustible, as well as there will be more turbulence.
1

Jet streams

The reading passage talks about jet streams which are an air flows that take place at high altitude and their average speed  is 190 miles per hour. There are two types of jet streams, the subtropical and the polar jet stream; both cause strong storms and when they move away from an area, the weather clears.

The professor provides more information about jet streams saying that they separate the northern air from the southern air. In addition, he takes a trip by airplane from Los Angeles to New York as an example, in order to explain the jet streams influence on air travel. He says that the return of that trip will be as much as an hour less, because the strong air enables wings to move quicker on the return trip, but when an airplane flies from Los Angeles to new York the trip will last longer, since the airplane has to move against the air, as a result it will consume more fuel, and as well as there will be more turbulence.