Kianfung
Community Tutor
Law in Singapore I live in Singapore, here is the world-famous country with a strict law. For example, you are not allowed to smoke under the the Housing and Development Board (HDB); you are not allowed to walk the dog without cleansing the dogshit; you can't even eat or drink in the subway. The most horrible felony is caning. If you ask me, I think its an infringement on human right. You can't just pull off someone's pants in public and humiliate him like that way, even he is an offender. Anyway, in a political point of view, it's a good way to threaten people committing in a crime, but it really doesn't respect our privacy and our feeling.

Law in Singapore

I live in Singapore, here is the world-famous country with a strict laws. For example, you are not allowed to smoke under the the Housing and Development Board (HDB);, you are not allowed to walk the dog without picking up its poop,cleansing the dogshit;, and you can't even eat or drink in the subway. The punishment for the most horrible felonyies is caning. If you ask me, I think it's an infringement on human rights. You can't just pull off someone's pants in public and humiliate himthem like that way, even if they are criminals. he is an offender. Anyway, infrom a political point of view, it's a good way to threaten people committing in who might commit a crime, but it really doesn't respect our privacy andor our feelings.

Caning may be an infringement of human right, so are all kinds of penalties. How do you think death penalty? It's obviously much more cruel than caning. But still it's used in lots of countries. Even caning is not usual, however, it's a useful tool. In terms of law, we don't consider whether it's right or not. I think the effect of the penalty is more important. We should keep caning on as long as it's effective.
I think those regulations are good.