karkusha
Problems that you may come across being a student of a linguistic university For many people entering a university is a very important and happy occasion. However, most of the teenagers do not know what difficulties and disappointments they are going to face. First, passing the entering exams will kill all your nerves and ruin your personal life. The upcoming tests will not let you have a good night’s sleep. You will be suffering from constant nightmares where you have failed all the exams and the dean himself mocks at you in the classroom. When you think about going out and have some fun with your friends or your boyfriend or girlfriend, you are suddenly knocked sideway because you understand that now there is no chance of a normal life. You are starting to think that this education is very important because without it you will not be able to find a good job, images of poor and miserable life run before your eyes and you get determined to tell all your friends go to hell. Then you close yourself in the room, huddle up under the textbooks and learn by rote, like saying a mantra, all the information that you hope will help you set for the life. Secondly, you understand that your imprisonment continues, the pressure increases and the frustration from the education deepens. For the first three years at the university, your aim will be to learn as much new foreign words and grammatical rules as possible. Textbooks and teachers will stuff your mind with it until you have dizziness and you are starting to think to be clever and well-educated person. However, suddenly you figures out that though your mind has absorbed all the information it, somehow, stays hidden at the backyard and some details disappear, and afterwards teachers will blame you for their loss. Attending theoretical courses, you will hear many clever and difficult words that make you think that our world is not as simple as it seems to be and that everything should be classified and categorized. Overwhelmed with enthusiasm you learn all this information, get an excellent mark at the exam but in a year you understand that now you remember nothing of it because your mind, as usual, throw away the information that does not convey any practical value.

Problems that you may come across being a student of a linguistic university

Hi everyone, I'm back!!!!!!!! I have not been here for ages. Hope to be here more often. Now I need some correction for this essay. Native speakears of English, please, help me to make this text sound more English!!!!!!!!

For many people entering a university is a very important and happy occasion. However, most of the teenagers do not know what difficulties and disappointments they are going to face. First, passing the entering exams will kill all your nerves and ruin your personal life. The upcoming tests will not let you have a good night’s sleep. You will be suffering from constant nightmares where you have failed all the exams and the dean himself mocks at you in the classroom. When you think about going out and have some fun with your friends or your boyfriend or girlfriend, you are suddenly knocked sideway because you understand that now there is no chance of a normal life. You are starting to think that this education is very important because without it you will not be able to find a good job, images of poor and miserable life run before your eyes and you get determined to tell all your friends go to hell. Then you close yourself in the room, huddle up under the textbooks and learn by rote, like saying a mantra, all the information that you hope will help you set for the life.

Secondly, you understand that your imprisonment continues, the pressure increases and the frustration from the education deepens. For the first three years at the university, your aim will be to learn as much new foreign words and grammatical rules as possible. Textbooks and teachers will stuff your mind with it until you have dizziness and you are starting to think to be clever and well-educated person. However, suddenly you figures out that though your mind has absorbed all the information it, somehow, stays hidden at the backyard and some details disappear, and afterwards teachers will blame you for their loss. Attending theoretical courses, you will hear many clever and difficult words that make you think that our world is not as simple as it seems to be and that everything should be classified and categorized. Overwhelmed with enthusiasm you learn all this information, get an excellent mark at the exam but in a year you understand that now you remember nothing of it because your mind, as usual, throw away the information that does not convey any practical value.

Continuation..... Last but not the least it is very naive of you to think that university will help you to master the speaking skill. All the teachers will make you feel disappointed. They will say that the syllabus has been changed in a horrible way and the time given for speaking practice has been reduced. Moreover, there will be some irrelevant subjects, such as the information science and skills of the basic safety, instead of which there should have been extra hours of English. To sum it all up, I would like to say that the Russian system of the linguistic education leaves much to be desired. I am sure that in a linguistic university there should be a large variety of the probation courses both provided for a scholarship as well as for an extra fee, so that students from any department can have an opportunity to live some time in country of the studied language. I have come to a conclusion, that an artificial environment is not enough because you are always influenced by the native language. Its structure and the way of thinking imposes on you so that it does not allow freedom for your foreign language, which it actually immensely needs.