Karina
Hi,It's me again. I was studying English and I saw what I have problems with the future... I'm from Cancun,Mexico but I live in other place for school but I'm going to go to Cancun for Christmas. I may not go out with all my friends because some of them will work or travel. I hope that my boyfriend and I we can buy the presents together. I don't understand the diference of "that" and what" in a sentence.
1

Hi, It's me again.

I was studying English and I saw that I have problems with the future...

I'm from Cancun, Mexico, but I currently live somewhere else for school. but I'm going to return to Cancun for Christmas.

I may not be able to go out with all [of](1) my friends because some of them will have to work or travel.

I hope that my boyfriend and I we can buy the presents together.

I don't understand the diference between "that" and "what" in a sentence. (2)

1) The word "of" is not technically required here, but it sounds better to me to include it.

No es completamente necesario para usar "of" aquí pero me suena mejor.

2) The difference between "that" and "what" is the word "that" is a relative pronoun that refers to a mentioned noun whereas "what" does not.

La diferencía entre «that» y «what» es que «that» es un pronombre relativo que se refiere a un sustantivo escrito mientras que «what» no lo hace.

For example, consider the following two sentences:

Por ejemplo, considera las siguientes frases:

* Review the words that I am using.  Notice "that" refers to the noun words -- the words that.

* Review what I am saying.  Notice "what" is not referring to any stated noun here.  It is referring to "something" general.

* Review the things that I am saying.  Notice "that" refers specifically to the things -- the things that

1

Hi,It's me again.

I was studying English and I saw *that* I have problems with the future...

I'm from Cancun,Mexico but I live in *another* place for school but I'm going to go to Cancun for Christmas.
I may not go out with all my friends because some of them will work or travel.

I hope that my boyfriend and I can buy  presents together.

I don't understand the difference of "that" and what" in a sentence.