Jarib
being overweight as a synonym of solvency/wealthy/welfare The mindset of our modern societies has changed a lot. Back in the day when people used to work in the fields harvesting, having many kids was synonym of welfare because the children were seen and occupied as helping hands in the labor not just as beneficiaries of the parents hard work. As a result of this joint work they were able no just to sell the goods but also keep food for them to eat. I think thas why people asociated being overweight with welfare. A while ago I visited a friend of mine who ows a small electronics store, he just to be overweight but by the moment I visited him he was significantly thiner, I was happy for him for his archivement, then he told me how people started thinking his bussines was going bad an all of this just because of his weight lost, even its competitors came to his local in order to see how bad his situation was. OMG, we were laughing so hard on this.

being overweight as a synonym of solvency/wealthy/welfare

The mindset of our modern societies has changed a lot. Back in the day when people used to work in the fields harvesting, having many kids was synonym of welfare wealth because the children were seen and occupied as helping hands in the manual labor not just as beneficiaries of the parents hard work. As a result of this joint work additional labor they were able not just to sell the goods but also keep more food for them to eat. I think thas this is why people asociated being overweight with wealth welfare.

A while ago I visited a friend of mine who ows a small electronics store, he just used to be overweight but by at the moment I visited him he was significantly thiner. I was happy for him for his achievement, but archivement, then he told me how people started thinking his business was going bad all of this just because of his weight loss lost. Even his competitors came to his local in order to see how bad his situation was.

OMG, we were laughing so hard on this.

This is a funny story, and well written! In the USA at least welfare is more commonly used to mean giving support to the poor, rather than wealth or well being.

;-)