邓茂垚
IELTS writing , task 2 , please give me some comment , thx a lot . Long distance flights use more fuel than cars and pollute the environment. We should discourage non-essential flight instead of limiting the use of the car. To what extent do you agree or disagree? ________________________________________________________________________________________________ While the environmental problems are becoming increasingly serious, people are trying to figure out a method to fix them. Some people believe that long distance flights cost more fuel than cars and non-essential flights should be banned rather than limiting the use of the car. From my perspective, such a conclusion is naive. First of all, in an era of globalisation, lonf distance flights play a critical role in briging many countries and regions. It is true that planes are likely to use far more fuel when flying from on continent to another, but they also make greater contributions to society. There, discouraging flight is not a practical approach. Furthermore, modern cities would not funcition well without cars. For example, with the proliferation of private cars, the pressure on public transportation has largely been reduced. From another angle, the emissions from vehicles are causing environmental issues, such as global warming, as well. Therefore, I do not agree with setting boundaries for both flight and car. We are supposed to harness the potential of renewable technology and green energy, solar, for example, as they are already primarily functioning as driving force in some aspects. To conclude, if we are serious about fixing environmental problems, we should focus on the root of them instead of setting boundaries simply.