Masha
how looked like an old english gothik castle? i'm studying producing design(scenography), and one of our assignments is to illustrate a story. This time we choose the story - Gilbert Chesterton, "The Doom of the Darnaways". It's kind of detective, story about how one artist, because of the love to one young lady, which had to be married by arrangement, created a lay-story about a family curse,to murder a man, who should get be married on to that young lady. The action takes place in 19 century. The story is going on in an old family castle,that was started to build in 14-15 century. It's in gothic style(it's a bit destroyed, all the second floor, there are only two floors, second floors are ruined...it's not as critic, i can ruin anything on a paper, while i understand how it was at the beginning ,and all the family live on the first floor one tower, it's small). The dark scary atmosphere i can draw, but i don't understand how the architecture that time would look like, all crazy and interesting from inside,and outside, what could it be, how could look like every chair, every window, every small detail.

how looked like an old english gothik castle?

how did an old english gothic castle look?

What might an old english gothic castle look like?

I'm studying producing design(scenography), and one of our assignments is to illustrate a story.
This time we chose the story - Gilbert Chesterton, "The Doom of the Darnaways".
It's kind of a detective, story about how one/an artist, because of the/his love for one young lady, who had to be married by arrangement, created a lay-story(тут не уверен, 'sub-plot?') about a family curse, to murder the man, who should get/be married on to that young lady [лучший как "the man who was going to get married to that young lady" / "the man who was (going) to marry to that young lady"]

The action takes place in the 19 century.
The story is going on in an old family castle, that started to be built in the 14-15 century. It's in gothic style (it's a bit destroyed, all the second floor, there are only two floors,
the second floors are ruined...it's not as
critic,?not as a criticism? I can ruin anything on a paper, while i understand how it was at the beginning, and all of the family/the whole family live on the first floor of one tower, it's small).
The dark scary atmosphere i can draw, but i don't understand what the architecture of that time would look like, all crazy and interesting from inside, and outside, what could it be like, how could/might look like every chair, every window, every small detail look.

[...<em>How</em> would it look_? ...How it would look.  /  ...<em>What</em> would it look <em>like? ...</em>What it would look like.]

Very interesting. The odd thing, though, is that there are very few proper <em>gothic</em> English castles. There are certainly gothic <em>mansions</em> - although some of these (if they were 'fortified' properly) are sometimes called castles. More like big, strong, fancy houses. You might find indoor photos from these if you search online, e.g. - Allerton castle, Margam castle.

If I think of English castles, for <em>exteriors</em>, I imagine (image search): Alnwick castle, Bodiam castle, Bamburgh castle, Warkwork castle

Кстати, на прошлом год-две bbc сделали новый сериал "Отца Брауна", основанный на произведении Честертона - они не возвращались к вашему ж рассказу, но сняли подобные серии около Berkeley Castle.