Fan
The State of My Mind If you could have lived in any period in history, and could have done any job (great or ordinary) which period would it be, and who would you like to have been? I may not answer the question properly. But when I found out this assignment from one of your previous emails, I pondered on it for a while, and I was surprised at my own thoughts. I guess here I am not trying to finish a writing assignment, instead describe to you the state of my mind. The surprise is I am so satisfied with my current situation. Really, if I have a magic or a power to choose a time to stay, to become someone, to accomplish something, I still just want to be myself. Looking back our history, there were too many wars and killings in our human history. Being a female, we had never won a better position in our society 50 years ago than we have today. In old society, women had no economical or social independence, and their happiness was tied closely to their marriage. I don’t want to be anyone from the history either. Even for the most powerful woman from our history, the only female emperor, would I like to be someone like her? Nope. After she killed two of her own sons and some grandchildren to stick to power, she was no longer someone I would like to admire. I am a little woman and I just want to lead a simple and ordinary life. I like my experience to be a nurse, since that experience makes me know what kind of person I am. I was rewarded by what I had done there to help many people and their families. It’s nothing, but it has become a fortune of my life. Living at present, I am blessed for knowing the difficulties or hardship of life in the past while embracing a high quality life now. I enjoy a fully financial and spiritual independence. How could I accomplish this if I had lived in any time of the history? So when you asked me if I would stay with my job and waited for retirement, in fact, I would like to say yes. I do enjoy my current job and my life style very much. I can see my life just goes on and on like this. Would I feel regret for not trying hard one day? No, I don’t think so. I have worked hard for many years and devoted myself fully to help others and relieve their suffering. I also have pursued my dream dearly for many years. But I was afraid of saying that, since I was kind of in the mindset that how a person would not like to welcome change. Have my dreams died out? I know that not all the dreams we have will come true, and not all the dreams when they come true, we would like to embrace them happily and they would bring us eternal happiness. I am thinking of the dream I have held for years. If I can not run a nursing home by myself, I still can do something similarly. I can provide help to whomever nearby they are old and they need an occasional company. I would become the most patient listener to them, the care giver at call. As time goes, some of them might treat me as their friend. I can ask them to tell me about one of their most memorable stories from their lives. One day, when I get old, I can accomplish a book, a book with one hundred most memorable stories from one hundred memorable souls. Each one on this world is unique. I believe in this too. It is also true when one dream dies, another dream will come, as long as we truly love our lives. As a daydreamer, sometimes dreams just show in different format. I am blessed to hold a warm heart; I am blessed with a healthy and energetic flesh; I am blessed with an independent mind; I am blessed with living in a changing world to witness how it happens; I am blessed to hold dreams and hopes, so whom else I wish to be?

The State of My Mind

If you could have lived in any period in history, and could have done any job (great or ordinary) which period would it be, and who would you like to have been?

I may not answer the question properly. But when I found out this assignment from one of your previous emails, I pondered on it for a while, and I was surprised at my own thoughts. I guess here I am not trying to finish a writing assignment, instead describing to you the state of my mind.

The surprise is I am so very/quite satisfied with my current situation. Really, if I had a magic powers or a power to choose a time to stay in, to become someone, to accomplish something, I would still just want to be myself.

Looking back at our history, there were too many wars and killings in our human history. Being a female,As females/women we had never won did not have a better position in our society 50 years ago than we have today. In old former society, women had no economical or social independence, and their happiness was tied closely to their marriage.

I don’t want to be anyone from the history either. Even for when it comes to the most powerful woman from our history, the only female emperor, would I like to be someone like her? Nope. After she killed   killing two of her own sons and some grandchildren to stick to power <em>[come to power//remain in power]</em>, she was is no longer someone I would like to admire. I am a little woman and I just want to lead a simple and ordinary life.

I like my experience to be of being a nurse, since that experience makes me know what kind of person I am. I was rewarded by what I had done there to help many people and their families. It’s nothing, but it has become a the fortune of my life/my life's fortune. Living at present, I am blessed for knowing the difficulties or and hardships of life in the past while embracing a high quality life now. I enjoy a fully full financial and spiritual independence. How could I accomplish this if I had lived in any other time of the in history?

If you could have lived in any period in history, and could have done any job (great or ordinary) which period would it be, and who would you like to have been?

I may not answer the question properly. But when I found this assignment from one of your previous emails, I pondered on it for a while, and I was surprised at my own thoughts. I guess here I am not trying to finish a writing assignment, instead describing to you the state of my mind.

The surprise is I am very satisfied with my current situation. Really, if I had magic powers or a power to choose a time to stay in, to become someone, to accomplish something, I would still just want to be myself.

Looking back at our history, there were too many wars and killings. As females, we didn’t won a better position in our society 50 years ago than we have today. In former society, women had no economical or social independence, and their happiness was tied closely to their marriage.

I don’t want to be anyone from history either. Even when it comes to the most powerful woman from our history, the only female emperor, would I like to be someone like her? Nope. After killing two of her own sons and some grandchildren to remain in power, she is no longer someone I would like to admire. I am a little woman and I just want to lead a simple and ordinary life.

I like my experience of being a nurse, since that experience makes me know what kind of person I am. I was rewarded by what I had done to help many people and their families. It’s nothing, but it has become the fortune of my life. Living at present, I am blessed for knowing the difficulties and hardships of life in the past while embracing a high quality life. I enjoy full financial and spiritual independence. How could I accomplish this if I had lived any other time in history?

So when you asked me if I would stay with my job and waited for retirement, in fact, I would like to say yes. I do enjoy my current job and my life style very much. I can see my life just goes on and on like this. Would I feel regret for not trying hard one day? No, I don’t think so. I have worked hard for many years and have devoted myself fully to help others and relieve their suffering. I also have pursued my dream dearly for many years.

But I was afraid of saying that, since I was kind of in the mindset that how a person would not like to welcome change. Have my dreams died? I know that not all the dreams we have will come true, and not all the dreams when they come true, we would like to embrace them happily and they would bring us eternal happiness. I am thinking of the dream I have held for years.

If I can not run a nursing home by myself, I still can do something similarly. I can provide help to whomever nearby they are old and they need an occasional company. I would become the most patient listener to them, the care giver at call. As time goes, some of them might treat me as their friend. I can ask them one of their most memorable stories from their lives. One day, when I get old, I can accomplish a book, a book with one hundred most memorable stories from one hundred memorable souls. Each individual on this world is unique. I believe in this too. It is also true when one dream dies, another dream will come, as long as we truly love our lives. Sometimes dreams just show in different format.

I am blessed with a warm heart and a healthy and energetic flesh; I am blessed with an independent mind; I am blessed with living in a changing world to witness all this happens; I am blessed with holding dreams and hopes, so whom else I wish to become?