一条令我深思的新闻 今天下班以后我和妈妈一起坐车听着新闻,听到有人花了3百万美元买从《The Wizard of Oz》电影里的狮子服饰。3百万美元,这是太过分了!听见这条新闻使我想到人想要拥有东西的原因。消费主义作为大部分人的统治者,我们都爱购物。 今天买了东西,明天又买东西,每天都大家一直买个不停的,足够从来不是足够。我们不需要买那么多的东西,而是只想要它们。这个电影服饰对那个人有什么用处呢? 想象如果你有3百万美元你可以帮助多少人吧!3美元能买了多少房子?为多少人提供食物和清洗水呢?虽然这个人能来帮助很多人,但是他买了一个狮子服饰。为什么呢?我认为回答是贪婪,而且我觉得人类的消费欲望是世间上最大的问题之一。贪婪会毁灭我们的地球,也会引起人类的灭绝。 Today I was in the car with mum after work listening to the news, and I heard that someone had bought the lion costume from the Wizard of Oz movie for $3 million. Three millions dollars, that's madness! Hearing this news made me think about why people want things. Most people are ruled by consumerism, we all love to shop. We buy something today, and again tomorrow, everybody is shopping non-stop, enough is never enough. We don't need so many things, we just want them. What use is this movie costume to this person? Imagine how many people you could help if you had 3 million dollars! How many houses does 3 million dollars buy? Provide how many people with food and clean water? This person was able to help so many people, but yet he bought a lion costume. Why? I think the answer is greed, and furthermore I think consumerism is one of the worlds biggest problems. Greed will destroy our planet, and it will cause the extinction of mankind.
1

从经济学的角度来说,300万是一种消费行为,增加了税收和GDP。

从管理学的角度来说,要解决贫穷和饥饿,是绝对不能够靠有钱人或者政府去直接给他们钱来解决的。那样的话就会是个无底洞,永远也填不完,永远有人处于饥饿和贫穷的状态。300万美元分给1000个穷人,够他们用几天呢?今天世界的运行规则,就是少数人掌握大量财富,因为只有这样,才能保证正常的投资行为,一个大规模的投资,能创造成千上万的就业岗位,只有这样才能真正让这些人摆脱贫困。

真正负责任的政府,要想解决贫穷和饥饿,应该是努力发展国家,发展各行各业,制造就业。比如一个诺基亚公司就可以让芬兰人均工作时间减少1个小时,因为诺基亚一个公司所带来的财富就足以让芬兰每个国民获益。这才是解决贫穷和饥饿的真正方法。

不过,我们必须肯定慈善事业的意义。因为今天的人类的生产力依然非常非常落后,我们很难让整个人类社会这个系统完全摆脱饥饿和贫穷。目前而言,人类社会解决饥饿和贫穷的方法主要靠两个:慈善事业 和 税收。但其实这两个方法只能缓解贫穷和饥饿的问题,而不能够彻底解决它。想真正解决,只能靠人类生产力的发展。

但是贪婪也带来了社会的进步。任何事情都是有两面性的。你知道吗?在中国古代有个皇帝叫秦王,他想长生不老就叫很多人花很多钱炼制仙丹,结果就发明了火药。火药是我们中国的四大发明之一,对社会的进步有很多贡献。
A great example and an excellent point. Great to see this in Chinese.

一条令我深思的新闻

今天下班以后我和妈妈一起坐车听着新闻,听到有人花了3百万美元买《The Wizard of Oz》电影里的狮子服饰。3百万美元,这是太过分誇張了!听见这条新闻使我想到人想要拥有东西的原因。消费主义作为大部分人的统治者,我们都爱购物。 今天买了东西,明天又买东西,每天都大家一直买个不停的,足够从来不是足够一直都不满足(that is the way we say 'enough is never enough' in chinese, straight away)。我们不需要使用那么多的东西,而是只想要它们。这个电影服饰对那个人有什么用处实际意义呢? 

想象如果你有3百万美元你可以帮助多少人吧!3美元能买了多少房子?为多少人提供食物和清洗干净的水呢?虽然这个人能来帮助很多人,但是他买了一个狮子服饰。为什么呢?我认为回答答案是贪婪,而且我觉得人类无止境的消费欲望是世间世界上最大的问题之一。贪婪会毁灭我们的地球,也会引起人类的灭绝。

Today I was in the car with mum after work listening to the news, and I heard that someone had bought the lion costume from the Wizard of Oz movie for $3 million. Three millions dollars, that's madness! Hearing this news made me think about why people want things. Most people are ruled by consumerism, we all love to shop. We buy something today, and again tomorrow, everybody is shopping non-stop, enough is never enough. We don't need so many things, we just want them. What use is this movie costume to this person?

Imagine how many people you could help if you had 3 million dollars! How many houses does 3 million dollars buy? Provide how many people with food and clean water? This person was able to help so many people, but yet he bought a lion costume. Why? I think the answer is greed, and furthermore I think consumerism is one of the worlds biggest problems. Greed will destroy our planet, and it will cause the extinction of mankind.

很好呢,读完很受教育,你提到了一个很重要的问题,人类的消费欲望,希望有一天我们都能意识到,与其购买无实际用处的东西,还不如去帮助有需要的人。 :)

。。。