vmorangeice
My Job Experience In The U.S Last March, I moved from my country, to the U.S. It was hard for me to find a job here at first because I was afraid to talk in English and was not familiar with the topics people were talking about. After a couple of trying, I got hired by a small company which provides high quality of products and service for home phone and office phone. The department I work for is one of the most important part of production line - Manufacturing department. As a software tool engineer here for almost one year, I've made a lot of contributions. My first job was to improve the efficiency of product testing process. I modified testing scripts and create modules to reduce the repetition parts. It not only make script run faster but also save time and effort for future maintenance. Compare to original scripts, new ones save up to 30 seconds each time to run a testing script. Moreover, I set up a friendly web interface for tester and use database to save testing logs. After that, I set up an internal transfer web tool, used PHP, HTML and JS, for all the internal users who wants to apply and transfer units from my department. In the past, they had to apply transfers by paper and email. With this tool, they can apply it online. Mangers and appliers are able to use this tool to track their requests and produce reports. I also connect this tool with inventory database to display real-time inventory amount for users. In the future, I am going to set up a new web tool - Inventory Tool. With the growth of our company and my department, we need a better way to manage raw materials and products. This tool will record inventory and status of all the units and provides real-time data for users in order to help users to estimate the needs, minimize the costs and maximize the profit. I am looking forward to make this tool works and do more contributions to my department and make my department better.
1

My Job Experience In The U.S

Last March, I moved from my country, to the U.S. It was hard for me to find a job here at first because I was afraid to talk in English and was not familiar with the topics people were talking about. After a couple of tries, I got hired by a small company which provides high quality of products and services for home phone and office phone. The department I work for is one of the most important parts of the production line - Manufacturing department. As a software tool engineer here for almost one year, I've made a lot of contributions.

My first job was to improve the efficiency of the product testing process. I modified testing scripts and created modules to reduce the repetitiouson parts. It not only makes the script run faster, but also saves time and effort for future maintenance. Compared to original scripts, new ones save up to 30 seconds each time to run a testing script. Moreover, I set up a friendly web interface for tester and use database to save testing logs.

After that, I set up an internal transfer web tool, used PHP, HTML and JS, for all the internal users who wants to apply and transfer units from my department. In the past, they had to apply for(?) transfers by paper and email. With this tool, they can apply for them online. Mangers and appliers are able to use this tool to track their requests and produce reports. I also connected this tool with an/the inventory database to display real-time inventory amount for users.

In the future, I am going to set up a new web tool - the Inventory Tool. With the growth of our company and my department, we need a better way to manage raw materials and products. This tool will record inventory and status of all the units and provides real-time data for users in order to help users to estimate the needs, minimize the costs and maximize the profit. I am looking forward to making this tool works and making more contributions to my department to make my department better.

Hi!  It sounds like you've made a lot of progress in one year!!  Have you been able to practice enough to feel comfortable speaking English?  It sounds like you are very comfortable writing!

Most of the (very minor) mistakes you made had to do with articles or verb agreement.  These are very difficult areas in English.  If you review a grammar book, you will see a lot of rules for when to use definite and indefinite articles, and this might help. 

For verbs, it is important to keep track of the subject.  For example: "It not only makes the script run faster, but also saves time and effort for future maintenance."  It's easy to forget the "s" on the second verb!!

And with "look forward", you need to use "to" and the gerund form of the verb.

I know! It's always scary to touch the thing that you don't know. It was fun though:) Currently, I am using PHP and HTML, but I used C# too for my previous projects. I want to learn more about programming knowledge. :) Thanks and wish you luck too!
great job!!! I also work for a USA company. The first day it was to scary for me, I did not know If my english level would be great to work with english speaker or people from India. But now I am 9 month old in the account. I am support engineer, my job is to find bugs and fixed. i work with c sharp , some times i work with html stuff. but I hope the next year i will be working with new stuff like hmtl5. Wish you good luck!!