Lê Hoàng
Globalisaton and the growing number of multinational companies have neagative effects on environment The spread of globalisation has been boosted by both developed and developing countries. Although the benefits of globalisation are indisputable, the globalisation, together with an increase in the number of multinational companies have really detrimental impacts on the living environment. Firstly, globalisation and multinational corporations play a key role in exacerbating the pollution over the world. Global free trade helpfully makes raw materials, manufactured goods, and unrenewable resources flow freely across the nations. As a result, the incresing outputs have urge industial plants to grow fast and densely. These plants intendedly dumb their wastes into the air and the waterways. In addition, the polluted CO2 emitted from industrial activities make the climate change even worse. Undoubtedly, these reasons mentioned affect directly on our health . For example, recent study shows that the number of asthma patient has risen by 30% for the last 2 years, as well as the lung cancer, in case of not smoking, allegedly caused by the polluted air, has becomne the leading cause of death in the 21st century. Secondly, the spread of globalisation has been so rapid and comprehensive that it help to bring the countries closer and closer. However, it turns out to be disaster for the natural ecosystem. Valuable animal smuggling has been on the increase, accounting for a great deal reduction of rare animals documented by biologist. For example, a number of rhinors killed in this year make the quantity decline remarkedly by 20%. And, a profound reduction of sea turtles has happened from the south of American to the south of Asia. In conclusion, the environmental cost of globalisation is extremely high. The life of human beings, animals and the environment are endangered seriously and if we only care about the economics aspect of globalisation and the corporate tax of multinational companies, the nature will make us pay.