Lidia
Travelling to Madrid. Stereotypes I'm going to travel to Madrid in December with my two sons. The Spanish capital is amazing, full of cultural life. I want to show my sons things like "El Retiro" park wih its crystal greenhouse, the Congress lions, the Cibeles statue,... Despite what politicians want to make us believe people of Madrid are nice, cosy, friendly... Stereotypes are not always true. For example people of Madrid are believed to be stuffy and Catalan people stingy. Neither of them are true. In the last years politicians try to fire the enmity between Catalan and other dSpanish people. It's a detestable idea trying to favor differences between citizens... Perhaps it's our turn to prove our Government we are tired of being manipulated by them!!! We can think by ourselves and judge persons individually... I hope having a nice time in Madrid!!!
1

Travelling to Madrid and stereotypes

I'm going to travel to Madrid in December with my two sons. The Spanish capital is an amazing place, full of the country's cultural life. I want to show my sons things like "El Retiro" park with its crystal greenhouse, the Congress lions and the Cibeles statue. Despite what politicians want to make us to believe, the people of Madrid are nice, cosy and friendly. The typical stereotypes are not always true. For example, the people of Madrid are believed to be stuffy and while those from Catalonia people are portrayed to be stingy. Neither of these are true.
In the last few years (or:Lately) Spanish politicians have been trying to create animosity fire the enmity between Catalonians and other Spanish people. It's a detestable/deplorable idea for a country to trying to favor the differences between its citizens...
Perhaps, it's our turn to show prove our government that we are tired of being manipulated!!! by them!!! We can think by ourselves and judge people persons individually...
I hope we have a nice time in Madrid!!!

Well done Lidia!  I am sure you will have a good time in Madrid.  Unfortunately, it is almost always the politicians who cause most of the problems in a country and not its citizens.  We have a very similiar situation here in Canada.

Travelling to Madrid. Stereotypes

I'm going to travel to Madrid in December with my two sons. The Spanish capital is amazing, full of cultural life. I want to show my sons things like "El Retiro" park wih its crystal greenhouse, the Congress lions, the Cibeles statue,... Despite what politicians want to make us believe, the people of Madrid are nice, cosy, friendly... Stereotypes are not always true. For example, people of Madrid are believed to be stuffy and Catalan people stingy. Neither of them are true.
In the last few years, (more natural option: In recent years) politicians have tried to fire the enmity between antagonize Catalan and other dSpanish people.  It's a detestable (we usually say deplorable) idea trying to favor the differences between citizens...
Perhaps it's our turn to prove to our Government we are tired of being manipulated by them!!! We can think by ourselves and judge people individually...
I hope to have a nice time in Madrid!!!