John
what kind of school is preferable Some nations have education systems of only single-sex model schools, while in others both single-sex and mixed-sex schools co-exist and it is up to the parents or the children to decide which kind of schools is preferable. Some educationalists believe that it is more effective to educate pupils in single-sex schools because of the reduction of distractions and pupils’ concentration on their study. It is true to some extent. This type of school is more likely to allow both boys and girls to enjoy equality since they have the same opportunities to study what they like without gender prejudice. For example girls probably do much better in science subjects, which are considered to be boys’ domain, in single-sex schools than their counterparts in mixed-sex schools. Similarly, boys feel freer to choose cookery lessons seeming to be girls’ kingdoms. On the other hand, other experts argue that it would be better for children to attend mixed-sex schools. There they study and work together and therefore it can reduce the risks of pupils underdevelopment in relations towards the opposite sex. Also they can possibly learn from each other to experience different types of skills and tenants. Personally, I believe that both systems have their own advantages. I attended mixed-sex school in my childhood. As a result, I might have missed the chance to specialize in science. However I have enjoy wonderful friendships with both males and females because of the influence of those schools I went on have on me.