little dog
Thinking about Marriage Many years ago, one of my acquaintances asked me why I had not tied the knot although I was mature and had a good job. I quickly and unhesitatingly replied to that person that I had been looking for a perfect one, and I feared of the wrong decision when it comes to marriage. My friend at that time seemed not to agree with me, but didn't want to discuss about this topic anymore. Most people unwillingly marry someone because of a variety of reasons. One of the motives is that one's love the person has for one's partner is not deep enough so that one is willing to overcome any obstacles in order for the couple to be with each other for the long run. Today, a saying of Camela Soprano brought to my mind what my friend used to tell me about. Well, that is "more is lost through indecision than wrong decision". In a relationship, if we are very hesitant and become overthinkers, many times we will lose our loved ones, and among them, he/ she will be our good match.
2

Thinking about Marriage

Many years ago, one of my acquaintances asked me why I had not tied the knot although I was mature and had a good job. I quickly and unhesitatingly replied to that person that I had been looking for a the perfect one, and I feared of making (or "I was afraid of making") the wrong decision when it comes to marriage. My friend at that time seemed not to agree with me, but didn't want to discuss about this topic anymore.

There are a variety of reasons people are unwillingly to marry someone. One of the motives is that one's the love the a person has for one's their partner is not deep enough so that one is willing to overcome any obstacles in order for the couple to be with each other for the long run.

Today, a saying of Camela Soprano brought to my mind (or "reminded me") what my friend used to tell me about. Well, that is "more is lost through indecision than wrong decision". In a relationship, if we are very hesitant and become overthinkers, many times we will lose our loved ones, and among them, he/ she will might be our good match.

Very good. Don't be in a hurry. I had to wait until I was 38 before I met the right person, and I feel better that I waited, to be sure. I believe marriage should be for life and that is a long time to be with the worng person. Also, being single is not so bad.

Regards,

Simon.

2

Thinking about Marriage

Many years ago, one of my acquaintances asked me why I had not tied the knot although I was mature and had a good job. I quickly and unhesitatingly replied to that person that I had been looking for a the perfect one, and I feared making of the wrong decision when it comes came to marriage. My friend at that time seemed not to agree with me, but didn't want to discuss about this topic anymore.

Most people unwillingly marry someone because of a variety of reasons. One of the motives reasons is that the one's love the person has for one's partner is not deep enough so that one is willing able to overcome any obstacles in order for the couple to be with each other for the long run.

Today, a saying of by Camela Soprano brought to my mind what my friend used to tell me about. Well, that is "more is lost through indecision than through wrong decisions". In a relationship, if we are very hesitant and become overthinkers, many times we will lose our loved ones, and among them, he/ she will who would be our good match.

Whoa, what a personal topic, CD! Thank you for sharing these thoughful notes with everyone.

Also, this is probably your most advanced writing to date - complicated sentances, combining present and past situations.

'to that person' is not really needed as we know the subject from the previous sentence.

'a' versus 'the': these tiny words are difficult for English learners. 'a/an' is not specific, 'the' is specific.
"A teacher talked to me" = you are not being specific who it was. "The teacher talked to me" is a single specific person. This, that, and the refer to specific things.

'I feared making the wrong decision', 'I was afraid of making the wrong decision' are both correct. The first phrase is more literary, the second phrase is more common in conversation.

'came' is past tense to match past tense of 'repied', 'feared', 'seemed'

'discuss' is equivalent to 'talk about', so you can say either 'discuss this topic' or 'talk about this topic'

'unwillingly'?  Maybe you mean 'unwittingly'?

'motive' means reason, but it is mostly used in crime scenarios, like the 'motive for murder'

'by' is used when specifying works by artists: the book written by Bob, song by Sue, art by Andy.

How would you distinguish between a state of indecision and a decision?