Pavel
How to Help Students to Focus? Hi teachers! I want to ask you one question. How do you help your students to stay focused on the thing you are explaining to them? I ask this question because I teach ten fingers typing on computer keyboard and I think I can help students to focus more, but I still do not know why. As you know ten fingers typing without looking at the computer keyboard can be challenging and needs a lot of patience. But I still think that it can be done with proper guidance easily. What tricks do you use to keep students focused? Thank you all :) Pavel
Hi Ruthi, good suggestion. :) I think it will be good to suggest them to do that at home instead of at school. Not all students have home licence so writing texts of the songs should be good for them. Or maybe something else, I have to think about it. Thanks!
The trick is to make it interesting in some way.For example I taught myself to type with all my fingers when I was at high school.I did this by typing out words of songs that I liked at that time.So after I had practised I had all the words of the songs on paper (it was in the days before the internet) so I enjoyed doing it and listening to the songs at the same time. IF you can find something students connect to,they will enjoy it more.It must be useful and relevant.Things which are not useful and relevant to us are just seen as chores,or a waste of time.