Veronica
Some thoughts after reading a small article The article under consider goes under heading “Nelson’s management style could have come from a modern textbook”. The editorial is taking from the “Financial Times” and written by Stephen Howarth. The editorial observes the military model of Nelson for leadership and opportunities to use it in the modern world of business. The paper starts with the examination of the fact that due to 20th-centure warfare, using of war leaders of the past as role models for the future is impossible. Nevertheless, the author accepts the fact that there is need in leaders and heroes. More over, the correspondent marks that Neilson and his model of leadership can be bright example for everyone how military-type methods can be used by business leaders. The author emphasizes 6 points of Neilson strategy that, in author’s opinion, can be used in modern style of leadership. Some of this are allowing the expression of different ideas, encouraging initiative and so on. The editorial finds a lot of in favour of military style of leadership but only if this style is used sensibly. The author appreciates Neilson’s management style so high that suppose if Neilson had had time to write books, it could have come from a modern textbook. It has been thus concluded that one should not refuse from the expertise of the past years, but all ideas and strategies should be used sensibly and should be suitable for modern time. I agree with the author, we should learn to single out positive aspects of any management style and implement it in modern business.
1

Some thoughts after reading a small article

The article I read is called “Nelson’s management style could have come from a modern textbook”. The editorial is taking from the “Financial Times” and written by Stephen Howarth. The editorial observes the military model of Nelson for leadership and opportunities to use it in the modern world of business.

The paper starts with the examination of the fact that due to 20th-centure warfare, using of war leaders from the past as role models for the future is impossible. Nevertheless, the author accepts the fact that there is a need for leaders and heroes. Moreover, the correspondent suggests that Neilson and his model of leadership can be a bright example for everyone about how military-type methods can be used by business leaders.

The author emphasizes 6 points of Neilson strategy that, in the author’s opinion, can be used in a modern style of leadership. Some of these allow the expression of different ideas, encouraging initiative and so on.

The editorial finds a lot of in favour of military style of leadership but only if this style is used sensibly. The author appreciates Neilson’s management style so much that I suppose if Neilson had had time to write books, it could have come from a modern textbook.

It has been thus concluded that one should not refuse from the expertise of the past years, but all ideas and strategies should be used sensibly and should be suitable for modern times.

I agree with the author, we should learn to single out positive aspects of any management style and implement them in modern business.

<em>Very good!</em>