Mila
Providing that It Might Improve the Appearance Recently I have been bumping with many elderly women who use a shopping cart. Even though women at around 60-70 years old are used to pushing it at least once or two at week for their weekly shopping in a small town, it seems more striking when older women take the shopping cart daily. By chance this week one of those older women was telling me keenly that she already had several round stones picked up from the beach to put some weigh into the shopping cart. She was intending to give up her walker over the shopping cart. I put two and two together I realized that most of the older women needed a foothold to walk safe. According her explanation, this practice improve her appearance. In fact, she felt less disabled in the eyes of others. There can be no doubt that self- image plays an important role in our society. Although the popular saying refers " appearances are deceiptive", the first impression is essential. People who feel at ease with their appearance trasmit more security and improve social relationships.
1

Providing that It Might Improve the Appearance/Keeping Up Appearances

Recently I have been bumping with into many elderly women who use a shopping cart. Even though women at around 60-70 years old are used to pushing it one around town at least once or two twice at week for their weekly shopping in a small town, it seems more striking when older women take use the shopping cart daily.

By chance, this week one of those older women was telling me keenly that she already had/collected several round stones that she had picked up from the beach to put some weight into the shopping cart/to add some weight to the shopping cart. She was intending/intended to give up her walker over in exchange for the shopping cart. I put two and two together I and realized that most of the older women needed a foothold to walk safely. According her explanation, this practice improves her appearance. In fact, she felt less disabled in the eyes of others.

There can be no doubt that self-image plays an important role in our society. Although the popular saying refers claims that "appearances are can be deceiptive", the first impressions is are essential/lasting.** People who feel at ease with their appearance transmit convey an image of more security and improve better social relationships.*

*People who feel at ease with their appearance convey an image of self-assuredness and may have better social relationships.

**Although the popular saying claims that "appearances can be deceptive", one can also say that "first impressions are lasting".

Great job, Mila!  Here are some notable expressions: walker; put two and two together;  foothold; in the eyes of; self-image; appearances can be deceptive; feel at ease with.

Do men also use shopping carts as a walker?  Interesting article, Mila.  It's important for the elderly to feel comfortable with their self-image while out in public.  I'm sure it can be psychologically challenging to have to confront our limitations and their outward manifestations as we age.  

1

Providing that It Might Improve ones/your Appearance

Recently I have been bumping into many elderly women who use a shopping trolley. Even though women of around 60-70 years old are used to pushing one at least once or twice a week for their weekly shopping in a small town, it seems more striking when you see older women pushing/using a shopping trolley daily.

By chance this week one of those older women was telling me keenly that she had already collcted several round stones that she picked up from the beach to put some weigh into the shopping trolley. She was intending to give up her walking aid for the shopping trolley. I put two and two together and I realized that most of the older women need something to hold on to, to be able to walk safely. According to her explanation, using a trolley improves her appearance. In fact, she felt less disabled in the eyes of others.

There can be no doubt that self- image plays an important role in our society. Although the popular saying  " appearances can be deceptive", the first impression is essential. People who feel at ease with their appearance transmit more self confidence and improve social relationships.

Well done Mila. Wow, that is something that I had never thought of. I guess it is true, I see a lot of ladies pushing their trolleys. (Here we say, shopping trolley)

Kind regards

1

Providing that It Might Improve the One's Appearance

Recently, I have been bumping into with (better: I have been noticing) many elderly women who use a shopping cart. Even though women at around of 60-70 years of age old are used to pushing one it at least once or twice a two at week for their weekly shopping in a small town, it  seems more striking to see much when older women taking their shopping cart daily.

By chance, this week one of those older women was telling me keenly/enthusiastically that she already had already collected several round stones picked up from the beach to put some weight into her the shopping cart. She was intending to give up using her walker in favor of over the shopping cart. I put two and two together and I realized that most of these older women needed something to hold onto in order to safely a foothold to walk safe. According to her explanation, having the cart this practice improved her appearance. In fact, she felt less disabled in the eyes of others.

There can be no doubt that self- image plays an important role in our society. Although the popular saying refers " appearances can be are deceiving", one's the first impression is essential/critical. People who feel at ease with their appearance transmit a feeling of increased confidence which can result in  more security and improved social relationships.

Well done Mila as usual!  My father, who is 85 years old, has begun to use a walker except if his younger girlfriend, who is 70 years old, is around as he doesn't want her to see him using it.