Hanson90
Humanities courses pro or against? Having humanities courses stands students’ all-rounded development in good stead. Bacon once said “Histories make men wise; poets witty;natural philosophy deep;moral grave; logic and rhetoric able to contend.” There is many a truism in what Bacon said. Firstly, these courses can substantially broaden students’ horizons and expand their scope of knowledge. For instance, literature enables students to develop their creativity, enhances their thinking skills and helps improve their interpersonal communication skills. Humanities courses, usually as selective courses, have a large attendance. Students with different majors and from different provinces will get acquainted and communicate with other students, which is conducive to the improvement in interpersonal communication skills. Secondly, taking Humanities courses benefits students a lot not only as an individual being but also a social being in the years to come. A celebrated and influential HR manger with inter-disciplinary education background recalled his humanities courses experience and said “My studies in classics and in history really changed how I think, how I look at the world and have really taught me how to see things not in sort of clear answers, but try to see all the different elements of an issue. It will teach you how to be a critical thinker and how to analyze materials.” These capabilities,which are acquired through the study of humanities, are vitally important for future development. Be that as it may, some opponents frown on the act adopted by the noted university. Firstly, they argue that it is violation of freedom of choice to make it compulsory for students to take humanities courses. This can be called abuse of administer power. Secondly, the science and engineering students are engaged in their major study and cannot devote time and energy to humanities study, or they simply declare it is of no practical value for them to study humanities.
你写得文章能很好地帮助我的英语六级考试 哈哈