Cathy Kim
TOEFL integrated practice 5 - please revise my writing, thanks :) According to the reading passage, there was a ground breaking experiment conducted by a graduate student and his advisor at the University of Chicago, which called as "primordial soup". Stanley and Harold created the similar environment to the first stage of when life on earth first formed. By simulating the atmosphere with mixture of several chemical materials and making electronic storms, they were able to watch that the process how the small organism evolved through time. The amino acid, which was the result of this experiment, became a key to solve the question how the first organisms made themselves evolved over time. However, the professor in the listening, holds a skeptical view by explaining the opposing opinions to this theory. Firstly, it is hard to say that the atmosphere during that time was not subjected to the powerful storms that had been continuously created in the experiment. Also, the amino acid which believed to be created by the recomposition of the chemical materials, might have not created on the earth, rather they managed to escape from the asteroids and meteorites after they had collided on the earth. For these objections that widely supported by current scientists, it is not convincing that the experiment of Stanley and Harold gave a real solution to unlock the mystery of the origin of life.

TOEFL integrated practice 5 - please revise my writing, thanks :)

According to the reading passage, there was a ground breaking experiment conducted by a graduate student and his advisor at the University of Chicago, which is called as "primordial soup". Stanley and Harold created the similar environment to the first stage of when life on earth first formed. By simulating the atmosphere with mixture of several chemical materials and making electronic storms, they were able to watch that the process how the small organism evolved through time.

The amino acid, which was the result of this experiment, became a key to solve the question of how the first organisms made themselves evolved over time. However, the professor in the listening, holds a skeptical view by explaining the opposing opinions to this theory.

Firstly, it is hard to say that the atmosphere during that time was not subjected to the powerful storms that had been continuously created in the experiment. Also, the amino acid which believed to be created by the recomposition of the chemical materials, might have not have been  created on the earth, rather they managed to escape from the asteroids and meteorites after they had collided on the earth. For these objections that widely supported by current scientists, it is not convincing that the experiment of Stanley and Harold gave a real solution to unlock the mystery of the origin of life.