Joel
President Barack Obama has decided to toughen the ground-level ozone standard According to National Geographic, US President Barack Obama has decided to toughen the ground-level ozone standard. Ozone is beneficial to humankind in elevated heights, because it creates a barrier against ultraviolet rays. Nonetheless, when in ground-level, it is extremely harmful to asthma patients, to the elderly and to people who stay most of the time outdoors in big cities. The pollutant is one of causes for smog in metropolitan areas. Interesting, though, is the fact that the plan has attracted much opposition from the opposition party and business people. They seem to be more concerned about monetary affairs than in saving the environment or the population's quality of life.

President Barack Obama has decided to toughen the ground-level ozone standard

According to National Geographic, US President Barack Obama has decided to toughen the ground-level ozone standard. Ozone is beneficial to humankind in the atmosphere, because it creates a barrier against ultraviolet rays. Nevertheless, at ground-level, it is extremely harmful to asthma patients, to the elderly and to people who spend most of the time outdoors in big cities. The pollutant is one of causes of smog in metropolitan areas.

Interesting, though, is the fact that the plan has attracted much opposition from the opposition party and business people. They seem to be more concerned about monetary affairs than in saving the environment or the population's quality of life.

Great writing!