Sue
Diary-Friends Below is one scene from Friends season 2. From it I learnt a new sentence which is “I had a whole speech prepared.” Ross’s ex-wife Carol came to take the baby. They talked about the first things he did. Ross was very upset about missing the first time of everything. Carol told him that the baby cannot speak yet, and last week he said a word, which means he had high hopes of having this first time. So Ross wanted to be stay with his baby for more than one day. He said “ I want him for more than one, I want him for a whole weekend. I feel like…”. Before he finished his words, Carol said “Great”. She totally agreed that Ross take care of the baby for more than one day. Ross didn’t expect that she accepted immediately, he said “I had a whole speech prepared”. He supposed that Carol wouldn’t give him this chance. But he was wrong. Carol was very glad to let Ross look after the baby which is really a hard work.
Ross’s ex-wife Carol came to take the baby. Ross told her that he recorded the first time that their baby stood up. When Carol said that he had did it, Ross was very upset. He began to complain about missing the first time of everything. Carol told Ross that the baby cannot speak yet, which means he had high hopes of having this first time. So Ross wanted to be stay with his baby for more than one day. He said “I want him for more than one, I want him for a whole weekend. I feel like…”. Before he finished his words, Carol said “Great”. She totally agreed that Ross take care of the baby for a whole weekend. Ross didn’t expect that she accepted immediately, he said “I had a whole speech prepared”. He thought that Carol wouldn’t agree. But he was wrong. Carol was very glad that Ross look after the baby which is really a hard work.