shuang
Do you agree or disagree with : Students twenty years from now will no longer use printed books. Books are usually referred to as the media of knowledge. As the saying goes,” books are ladder for human’s progress.” Books play the unshakable role in our life. Even though the development of technology provides our more easy access to the knowledge like e-book which exists in the amount of data without tangible forms, to some extent, the e-books can only be a supplements to , not a substitutes for ,the traditional books. Not only are books a container of information, but also a part of our traditional culture, presenting the well-known printing technique and a spirit –the pursuit for the endless unknown knowledge passed on from primary generation to our generations. So, how can our valuable culture be severed apart from our life? To begin with, personally speaking, the printed books can provide us with some psychological effects when we touch ,thumb the pages, while reading by moving your finger and touching the screen automatically is more of an emotionless movement than of a deep idea communication. Take me for example, compared with merely glancing and sliding the screen of e-books, the sense of touching every paper really comfort me. Papers seem to build a warm and safe room for my reading when I immerge myself to the plots. However, the electronic books are unable to serve us as the printed book do. I believe there must be a substantial amount of students like me, having a special attachment to the printed books. In the other hand, according to the current level of social development in every part of our country, it is impossible to make e-books, such a rather technological product, available to students in every district in our country after twenty years, especially in some remote and poor regions. The printed books can be more suitable to those students for their relatively cheaper materials and easy accesses to produce. In conclusion, the e-books may play an increasingly important role in our modern life, however, under no condition can they shake the long-history dominating role of traditional books, not to mention completely replace it. In my opinion, the coexistence of these two kinds of books can be the best case in our country, satisfying as many as possible reading needs.