Lidia
Christmas "tió" In Catalonia we have a lovely tradition in Christmas. Some days before Christmas, we set a log with a smile facing drawed and wearing a "barretina" (a typical Catalan hat) near the Christmas tree. Everyday children give them some food (delicious food as cookies, cakes, fruit). They believe that if you treat well, it brings you some sweets, candies and little gifts. The Christmas Eve children sing a song while they hit softly the log, which is covered with a blanket except its face), after they look under the blanket and always find some presents. It's surprising how children take care of the log during a whole forntnight!

Christmas "tió"

In Catalonia we have a lovely tradition in at Christmas. Some days before Christmas, we set a log which has with a smiling face drawn on it and wearing a "barretina" (a typical Catalan hat) near the Christmas tree. Everyday, children give this happy log them some food (delicious food as cookies, cakes and fruit). They believe that if you treat it well, it will brings them you some sweets, candies and little gifts.
The On Christmas Eve, children sing a song while they gently hit softly the log, which with the exception of its face, is covered with a blanket). except its face), after Later on they look under the blanket and always find some presents.
It's surprising how well children take care of the log during an entire whole forntnight!

Very good Lidia!  This is a very unique and enchanting tradition!

Christmas "tió"

In Catalonia we have a lovely tradition at/for Christmas. Some days before Christmas, we set a log with a smile facing drawn on it and wearing a "barretina" (a typical Catalan hat) near the Christmas tree. Everyday children give them <em>(or it, one log, or more?)</em> some food (delicious food as cookies, cakes, fruit). They believe that if you treat it well, it brings you some sweets, candies and little gifts. On
Christmas Eve children sing a song while they hit softly the log, which is covered with a blanket except its face), after they look under the blanket and always find some presents.
It's surprising how children take care of the log during a whole fortnight!

hit softly the log = correcto grammaticalemente, pero raro, di hit the log softly