Pierre
Gap (the town) Is anyone known Gap ? Not the clothes brand but my town ; the place I live. It's in the south of France between Marseille and Grenoble. It's in a mountainous area and you can find a large lake where you can practice all the water activities you want from may until october. During winter you practice all kind off slides. It's a very sunny region (300 days per year !). Every august 15th at Embrun (30kms west from Gap), take place one of the most hardest triathlon in the world called the Embrunman : start at 6 a.m (it's still dark) with 3.8kms swimming, and after come THE big part : 188kms riding with 5000m denivellation (elevation ? I mean up and down...) and you finish with a 42.180kms marathon with 700m (the same world !). After 10h of competition (event ?), the first man finish this event (the first lady 2 hours after, awesome !) and the last will pass the finish lane late in the evening around 11 or 12 pm ! But Gap it's also its gastronomy, its sweet living (it's calling the west capital), the beginning of the Provence, the passage of The Tour de France almost every year (Lautaret, Galibier,...), the Monte Carlo rally (Sébastien Ogier was born in Gap !), international climbing event and so more...

Gap (the town)

Does anyone know Gap ? Not the clothes brand but my town ; the place I live. It's in the south of France between Marseille and Grenoble. It's in a mountainous area and you can find a large lake where you can practice all the water activities you want from May until October. During winter you can practice all kinds of slides. It's a very sunny region (300 days per year !). Every August 15th at Embrun (30kms west from Gap), an event take place one of the hardest triathlons in the world called the Embrunman : it starts at 6 a.m (it's still dark) with 3.8kms swimming, and after that comes THE big part : 188kms biking with 5000m elevation and you finish with a 42.180kms marathon with 700m (the same world !). 10h into the  competition, the first man will finish this event (the first lady 2 hours after, that awesome !) and the last will pass the finish line late in the evening around midnight !
But Gap is also known for its gastronomy, its sweet living (it's calling the west capital), the beginning of the Provence, the passage of The Tour de France almost every year (Lautaret, Galibier,...), the Monte Carlo rally (Sébastien Ogier was born in Gap !), international climbing event and much more...

Sounds like a nice place, I have some friends here in American that moved here from Aix-en Provence. I have been to France twice, but only to Paris. I will be going back to France next year and also in 2017. I haver a nephew that will be spending a your in France two years from now. That is neat that you have 2 daughters, I know the struggle. I have 2 girls myself.

Gap (the town)

Is Does any one known Gap ? Not the clothes brand but my town ; the place I live. It's in the south of France between Marseille and Grenoble. It's in a mountainous area and you can find a large lake where you can practice all the water activities you want from May until October. During winter you can practice all kinds off slides. It's a very sunny region (300 days per year !). Every August 15th at Embrun (30kms west from Gap), an event (you need some subject) takes place: one of the most  hardest (you dont need to say "most" if you have "hardest" since -est means the most) triathlons in the world called the Embrunman : it starts at 6 a.m (it's still dark) with 3.8kms swimming, and after that comes THE big part : 188kms riding biking with 5000m denivellation of elevation (or you can say "of climbing") (elevation ? I mean up and down...) and you finish with a 42.180kms marathon with 700m (the same world !). After 10h hours into the of competition (event ?), the first man will finish this event (the first lady 2 hours after that, awesome !) and the last will pass the finish lane line late in the evening around 11 or 12 pm ! (12pm is noon. You can say 11pm or midnight to be clear)

But Gap it's is also known for its gastronomy, its sweet living (it's calling the west capital), the beginning of the Provence, the passage of The Tour de France almost every year (Lautaret, Galibier,...), the Monte Carlo rally (Sébastien Ogier was born in Gap !), international climbing event and so much more...

I'm guessing on the biking part :) Riding can mean lots of things, like riding a car, horse, etc.

Thank you, that was a lovely article and I learned something!