Tina
Wilde! ideal writer : ) ——《The Picture of Dorian Gray》 《The Picture of Dorian Gray》is a novel written by famous Irish writer Oscar Wilde in 1891. This novel embodies his distinctive Aesthetic idea that is “life imitate art”, life would disappear without Art. This novel recounts an amazing story. There was an aristocratic boy in London, who was beautiful and kind. Dorian felt his own beauty in the picture that painter Hallward painted for him, he was seduced by Lord Henry’s word and had a wish that he himself might remain young, and the portrait grow old, bearing the burden of his sins. Unexpectedly, Dorian fell in love with actress Sibyl, in his heart, Sibyl was a great artist, but ever since Dorian Gray came into her life, Sibyl realized that art wasn't the most important thing any more. She gave up her stage, Dorian blamed her for spoiling the romance of his life. After playing on Sibyl’s affection and causing her suicide, Dorian noticed, in the picture, there was a touch of cruelty around his mouth. But Dorian became indulged in his desire rather than restrained it. I8 years later, Dorain remained young, while the portrait grew old, wrinkled. He could not bear the terrible change ‘or warning’ from the picture, Therefore, he killed painter Hallward and James Vane who was Sibyl’s brother. Finally, he seized the knife and stabbed the picture. Dorian became a dead man, who was old, wrinkled and loathsome, while the portrait remained splendid young and beauty. I think it is a great story and I admire the word and sentences in the novel, like “he gain the whole world and lose his own soul”, and I like Wilde because of his beautiful word and his idea about art.
Dec 1, 2014 4:33 AM
Oscar Wilde was a genius! (and so are you if you love him) hahha