Oleg
grammar exercise The biggest event in Tom's life happened by chance. He was 22 and he just left college. He had got his degree and he was looking for a job. He wanted to be a journalist, but he knew he had not got enough experience. You see, as a student he spent most of his time in the university theater. He had wrote to all the newspapers, but he didn't receive any replies. Then one day, the phone rang. It was a woman who offered him a job as an actor. She had saw him in a play at the university and enjoyed the performance. He had took the job and since then he's been very successful. Last night he discovered he had won an award for his performance in the play. Please check for mistakes and correct them :)

grammar exercise

The biggest event in Tom's life happened by chance. He was 22 and he just left college. He had got his degree and he was looking for a job. He wanted to be a journalist, but he knew he had not got enough experience. You see, as a student he spent most of his time in the university theater. He had wrote to all the newspapers, but he didn't receive any replies. Then one day, the phone rang. It was a woman who offered him a job as an actor. She had saw him in a play at the university and enjoyed the performance. He had took the job and since then he's been very successful. Last night he discovered he had won an award for his performance in the play.

Please check for mistakes and correct them :)  Take a look at what you wrote and compare it to my paragraph. Let me know if you need any explanations for what I changed. I hope this helps.

The biggest event in Tom's life happened by chance. He was 22 and he just left college. He had gotten his degree and he was looking for a job. He wanted to be a journalist, but he knew he did not have enough experience. You see, as a student, he spent most of his time in the university theater. He had written to all the newspapers, but he didn't receive any replies. Then one day, the phone rang. It was a woman who offered him a job as an actor. She had seen him in a play at the university and enjoyed the performance. He took the job and since then he has been very successful. Last night, he discovered he had won an award for his performance in the play.