catherine
Nuova So, this first part of this entry will be in English to explain my motives of this new type of entry. Now, as I learn Italian, I am a very self-conscious person, and a perfectionist, a very bad combination which I am positive will be my downfall. Ironic, since I used to be a dancer and figure skater and have performed in front of thousands of people. Anyways, since I am not yet comfortable speaking in Italian, I need another way to remember new words that I have learned. So, using new words that I have learned, I am going to attempt to form sentences below, and hopefully not butcher them too much. Please, please, fix any errors and mistakes you find, as I truly want to learn this language, and being in America, where not many are bilingual poses a challenge. See below for Italian (phrase attempts #1, Here we go; Andiamo) 1) Penso imparare Italiano e piu dificile 2) Io caspico 3) Si, io conosco l'insegnante 4) Lui vede il cuoco 5) Noi sentiamo content 6) Io ascolto, la musica di Lady Gaga 7) Noi guardiamo la television in la mattina 8) Io avevo molti libri in mio casa 9) Aiuto in imparando italiano, e lingua bella 10) Mi piace musica di Adele, Lady Gaga and Beyoncé 11) Io lavoro in fundraising 12) In la mattina, si sveglia e lavaro 13) Io lavoro per la Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in "America?" 14) In la mattina, noi vestiamo 15) Lui cucina la colazione in la mattina 16) Loro mangiano quando sono fame I think those words oughta do it for now, have at it folks; and let me know why something doesn't work the way it is, as opposed to just correcting it, I'd like to understand the process so I can change my way of thinking a bit.
1

1) Penso che imparare l'italiano e sia più dificile. <em>(in Italian the name of languages are wroten with lower case letter).</em>

2) Io caspicoCapisco. <em>(Usually in Italian is not used to specify the pronom)</em>

3) Si, ioconosco l'insegnante

4) LuiVede il cuoco
5) Noi ci sentiamo contenti
6) Io ascolto, la musica di Lady Gaga
7) Noi Guardiamo la televisione in la mattina
8) Io Avevo molti libri in mio a casa mia
9) Aiuto in imparando italiano, e lingua bella  <em>(I don't understand, write the sentence in english)</em>
10) Mi piace la musica di Adele, Lady Gaga and e Beyoncé
11) Io lavoro in fundraisingalla raccolta fondi. (I'm not sure if the traduction is correct)
12) In La mattina, si sveglia e lavara
13) Io lavoro per la Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts in "America?" <em>(I don't understand, write the sentence in english)</em>
14) In la mattina, noi ci vestiamo
15) Lui cucina la colazione in la mattina
16) Loro mangiano quando sono hanno fame

1

Nuova

So, this first part of this entry will be in English to explain my motives of this new type of entry. Now, as I learn Italian, I am a very self-conscious person, and a perfectionist, a very bad combination which I am positive will be my downfall. Ironic, since I used to be a dancer and figure skater and have performed in front of thousands of people. Anyways, since I am not yet comfortable speaking in Italian, I need another way to remember new words that I have learned. So, using new words that I have learned, I am going to attempt to form sentences below, and hopefully not butcher them too much. Please, please, fix any errors and mistakes you find, as I truly want to learn this language, and being in America, where not many are bilingual poses a challenge.

See below for Italian (phrase attempts #1, Here we go; Andiamo)

1) Penso che imparare l'italiano (only proper nouns are capitalized in Italian, like names of countries, otherwise names of inhabitant, languages and adjectives aren't) è ("e" is the conjunction "and", "è" is the verb "is", on the other hand when you express opinions, wishes, hopes... you have to use subjunctive mood in the subordinate clause) piú difficile (You should have a term of comparison, expressed (i) or implied (ii) when you use a comparative form: i) "Penso che imparare l'italiano sia piú difficile che imparare il francese." ii) "Imparare il francese è facile. Penso che imparare l'italiano sia piú difficile.").
2) Io caspisco. 
3) Sí, io conosco l'insegnante. 
4) Lui vede il cuoco. 
5) Noi sentiamo siamo contenti.
6) Io ascolto, la musica di Lady Gaga. 
7) Noi guardiamo la televisione in la alla/di (the prepositions "di", "a", "da", "in" and "su" are ever joined with the article: "in" + "la" = "nella", but with some time's expressions, the preposition "a" + article is used: "alla mattina", "a mezzogiorno", "alla sera"... or also the preposition "di" (without article): "di mattina", "di giorno", "di sera", "di notte"...) mattina. 
8) Io avevo molti libri in nella (possessives want always the article, excepted for a singular relative without other adjectives...) mia ("casa" is feminine) casa. ("nella mia casa" in the house, apartament, building... where I live, "a casa mia" in my home environment)
9) Aiuto in imparando italiano, e lingua bella (What do you mean?)
10) Mi piace la musica di Adele, Lady Gaga and e Beyoncé. 
11) Io lavoro in fundraising nella raccolta fondi.
12) In la Alla/di mattina, ci si sveglia e ci si lavaro (??? - I don't know if this is what you meant).
13) Io lavoro per la "Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts" in "America?" negli Stati Uniti.
14) In la Alla/di mattina, noi ci vestiamo ("vestirsi" is reflexive).
15) Alla/Di mattina, lui cucina la colazione in la alla/di mattina. 
16) Loro mangiano quando sono hanno fame ("fame" means "hunger", we are used to say "hanno fame/sete" (they have hunger/thirst) instead of "sono affamati/assetati" (they are hungry/thirsty). 

I think those words oughta do it for now, have at it folks; and let me know why something doesn't work the way it is, as opposed to just correcting it, I'd like to understand the process so I can change my way of thinking a bit.